OnlineGuitar.com..ever shopped there???

Branwyn

• Members

Has anybody ever shopped at www.onlineguitar.com?

I purchased a bouzouki from them, over the phone, almost a month ago. It still hasn't gotten here. I'm in NYC, they're in Kentucky. I'm getting a little concerned.

I bought it on 1/24, they took my money that day, no problems. They told me it was in stock, and would ship on or before 2/9. (why something that's in stock would take that long to process is beyond me). 2/9 comes and goes. I call to ask for a tracking number. The guy who I originally dealt with tells me it hasn't shipped yet, as it's apparently shipping from Colorado. (WTF??) He's rather curt with me and tells me he'll call me back after he gets in touch with them. I don't hear from him. I call again. He tells me they're waiting for a shipment to get to them that was late and should have been in last Friday. WTF??? He says email him and he'll email me the tracking number when it goes out. It's Wednesday. Nothing. I just called again, asked to speak to a manager. Same guy says he's the manager. I tell him what he told me last week, and that I'm starting to get a little concerned. He says "I think that did ship out, but I'll have to call you back with the tracking number." WTF?!?!

Has anyone else used this company or had problems with them before?

• Members

Well, hopefully you paid with a credit card... My advice is, cancel the order, tell the credit card company what's happening and that you don't want this item from this merchant cause its a very unprofessional and disorganized business.. Let the credit card company and this guitar company settle it among themselves..

At least you're not responsible for this money...

Meanwhile, there's a place on 6th street, between 2nd and 1st in New York City where you could probably get or order a bouzouki... Why go all the way to Kentucky?? :) or you could go here

http://www.bouzouki.com/default.asp?szNav=Products&nCategory=42

• Members

Holy crap there's a place in NYC that even knows what a bouzouki IS?! Thanks for the info!!! :D

Shockingly enough, the guy just called me. Told me AGAIN that they didn't receive their shipment, it would be another week or 2!!! I completely went off on him, told him this was ridiculous, etc. etc., and made up some bull{censored} story about needing it for a gig next week. I was LIVID regardless. He sounded scared and said he would see what he could do, make some phone calls and such.

He calls back 10 minutes later, says they can ship me out a different make of Celtic bouzouki today. I looked it up online, and it was nicer than the one I was originally getting and sounds alot better too. He said it retailed for $150 more, but because of the delay, he would not charge me the difference.

So, I'm getting a better bouzouki for less money. :) Let's see if I get the tracking number tomorrow...

Thanks for the tip, Magpel. Even though this is hopefully resolved, I'm probably gonna post over there anyway. See if anybody else has had probs with this place.

Here's the one I'm getting now, if anyone cares: http://www.folkofthewood.com/page985.htm

Moral of the story:

1)Don't order from www.onlineguitar.com EVER

2)Sometimes, if you have a legit reason, it pays to be a lil bit of bitch :p

• 4 years later...
  • Members

I bought... I tried to buy a cello from them...online. 2 days later they were taking the paymen on my credit card. 65 days later... no cello, they don't answer to my mails, neither to the phone. They say things they don't do... i'm now waiting the legal 30 days the bank has to wait (after the company agreed for a refund) to take back the money from them. They are really not serious. 2 months wasting time for nothing... Don't do the same !

Archived