X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Movie Remakes and Adaptation requests

1. The Six Million Dollar Man
    I'd like to see a non-ironic non="wink wink" take on this franchise. I don't want Ben Stiller or The Rock to play Steve Austin. I don't want it set in the 70s. I'd like to see it treated as serious Sci Fi.

2. The Watchmen
    If you are not a comic book junkie, please skip on to 3. This needs a LOTR treatment. I hear that it's been greenlighted again. I hope they don't mess it up. Whoops, too late.

3. Space 1999
    Martin Landau was so cool. A very Eurostyle show. It would make a great movie if they didn't CG it to death.

4. The Dark Tower
    Stephen King's 8 volume Magnum Opus that also ties in almost half of his books is worthy of respectful treatment despite the fact that he completely ran out steam at the end. It would need to be 4-5 movies.
    BOYCOTT MONSTER CABLE

Originally posted by zeronyne

3. Space 1999
    Martin Landau was so cool. A very Eurostyle show. It would make a great movie if they didn't CG it to death.

I think the title would have to be changed for obvious reasons.

"The future, Conan?"

"In the yeaaaar two-thousaaaand!"
    Elson TrinidadSinger, Songwriter, Keyboardist, BassistElson and the Soul BarkadaWeb: www.elsongs.comMySpace: www.myspace.com/elsongsFacebook: Facebook PageTwitter: twitter.com/elsongs

Comment

Yeah, Six Million Dollar Man and Space 1999 could be great movies! I used to love those shows as a kid.

I'd like to see a really good Fantastic Four movie. As far as I'm concerned, it still hasn't been made. I had such high hopes for last year's FF flick, and it just didn't do the trick.

If someone could make a good film out of Tom Robbins' Still Life with Woodpecker, that could be a classic.
      www.myspace.com/bunnyknutson
      www.BunnyKnutson.com

Comment

Wizard Of Oz

I want it to be rated R because of the extreme and intense horror that Dorothy and crew survives in the haunted forest and finaly the carnage that occurs once they meet up with green face.

Dakota Fanning as Dorothy
        The guy from Moulin Rouge who was the MC as the Wizard
        Willem DeFoe as the Scarecrow
        Adrian Brody as the Tin Man
        Philip Seymour Hofman as the Lion

Ryan Adams would be the troubador that narrates the story and sings songs for seques in the foreground yet never seen by the main players (Cat Balou).

Tim Burton and Elfman of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Knight
          Wizard Of Oz

I want it to be rated R because of the extreme and intense horror that Dorothy and crew survives in the haunted forest and finaly the carnage that occurs once they meet up with green face.

Ryan Adams would be the troubador that narrates the story and sings songs for seques in the foreground yet never seen by the main players (Cat Balou).

After thinking on it I guess Johnny Depp would have to end up somewhere in there... maybe as a flying monkey or an apple throwing tree..."Hey! How'd ya like someone pulling apples off of you?"

Comment

Citizen Cane.

Done in Pulp Fiction style with Tarantino directing. B & W with color montages a la Natural Born Killers.

Mike Myers doing his first serious role making the same transition Bill Murray and Robin Williams made. Mos Def as his long time cohort.

Music by Issac Hayes with The Chemical Brothers.

Comment

"The Ropers".

If they could spin off from "Three's Company" to have their own TV show, they must be strong enough to carry a 3-hour blockbuster movie.... yes?

Let's face it - when "Dukes of Hazzard" becomes a feature film, virtually anything's in the running.

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

I generally not of the "a movie would be the ultimate ver of a story" -- I actually like audiodrama the best

but a couple of adaptations that might be neat

-Incarnationf of Immortality series...(on a Pale Horse, etc) I think a LOT could be done there and I think it would be readily scalable and visual-friendly

-Ender's game (I don't know If I'd bother will the whole Enderverse saga)

- Snowcrash (I think that's the Stephenson that would work well in a narrative where the 'expository' parts could get explained will within the plot as opposed to these side trips)

Comment

six million dollar man could be great as a serious sci-fi flic or as a cheese flick... i kind a think a mix of the two would be cool... plus, it will give me a chance to make the 'sound'.... you know, thi bionic sound...
                  My Gear:

Herco Flex 75 picks
                  Jim Dunlop medium picks courtesy of Lord Wein
                  GHS Boomer strings
                  Dunlop strings, which I have yet to try
                  Electric guitar A
                  Electric guitar B
                  Electric guitar C
                  Electric guitar D
                  Electric guitar E
                  Bass guitar parts
                  Acoustic guitar A
                  Acoustic guitar B
                  Acoustic guitar C
                  Amplifier A
                  Amplifier B
                  Amplifier C
                  Box full of stomp boxes and wah peddles from the 80s 90s and 00s
                  Box full of cables
                  Some recording stuff
                  No talent

Comment

They could do it like "cyborg" -- the book that 6MDM came from

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Knight
                      Wizard Of Oz

Now.. THAT's something I might have to check out... except if Ryan Adams is the troubador -- I think we should cut to the chase and give him the same fate as Jonathon Richman at the end of Something About Mary -- only at the beginning of the movie -- about midway through his first song... (Richman was the only reason I can imagine to see 'Mary'... I never didn't laugh so hard. They almost won me back when the capped off the Richman troubador character, though. That was amusing to this Richman fan.)

‚Äč
                      music and social stuff | currently listening to...

Comment

One series never had enough episodes to make it into syndication, but I always thought that it was evocative enough to be drawn a little larger.

The Prisoner (1967 summer replacement series)

The themes still work for me, even now.

Comment

I'd love to see the Six Million Dollar Man done...and yeah, as serious science fiction. Doesn't have to be too serious...

Space 2099 doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but okay...and really, just about anything Martin Landau has ever done completely rules. What a fantastic, underrated actor ths guy is.
                          Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Liked Season 1 of 1999 -- then they tried to "punch it up" and make it more action packed...which I thought was kind of lame

They even changed the weird intro where they just sort of stand there and then swivel in their chairs

I liked how they'd show scenes from "this espisode" AT THE GET GO!

I'd hate to see it go CG, I mean it was a Gerry Aderson!!!

Comment

How about some Mission: Impossible movies that bear some resemblance to the TV show? If they're even halfway good, they'll erase these blasphemous Tom Cruise abominations from all human memory.
                              Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left!

Comment

Working...
                              X