another beer thread

• Members

yesterday, i went to the three floyds brewpub to pick up some bottles of their dark lord imperial stout. we spent two hours in line on a chilly, drizzling saturday afternoon with hundreds of other beer enthusiasts to buy four 22-oz bombers each. it was a pretty great experience - beer advocates are an affable bunch, and a lot of people contributed to a large supply of quality microbrews from around the country for public consumption. i had a taster glass of the oak-aged dark lord, and my o my, it was heavenly. much better than i remember the original dark lord being.

the brewpub itself was closed for the event, so i didn't get to have one of their great scotch eggs or burgers. ignoring the rumbling in our bellies, we went to the only place in driving distance of chicago that sells beers from california's stone brewing company. i've just finished a bottle of their ruination IPA, and i'm in fine, fine spirits.

• Members

I challenge anyone to name a better beer than Anderson Valley Hop Ottin' IPA. (From Northern California) Only those who have tried this beer are qualified for this challenge.

Some of my other faves:

Butte Creek Porter

Moonlight Death & Taxes (not avail in bottles)

Drakes IPA

Red Nectar

Lagunitas IPA

Unfortunately these are pretty hard to find outside of Northern Califonia. Fortunately Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, which is distributed more broadly, is pretty good.

• Members

I have a part-time job in a micro-brewery in Golden. We've recently offered the Stand Up Double-IPA, which is so potent that we won't sell it in growlers; our Oatmeal Stout would make you take your American version of Guinness back to the store for a refund.

• Members

Originally posted by Hard Truth

I challenge anyone to name a better beer than Anderson Valley Hop Ottin' IPA. (From Northern California) Only those who have tried this beer are qualified for this

this sounds good. the beer advocate guys sure seem to like it.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/193/611/?ba=bros

i'd love to try it, sometime.

• Members

Originally posted by offramp

I have a part-time job in a micro-brewery in Golden. We've recently offered the Stand Up Double-IPA...

lotta great beers coming from CO, and at least one excellent double IPA - great divide's hercules. i think i'll take a tour or two when next i visit my brother.

Archived