34. Beatles

35. Snow Patrol

36. Richard Ashcroft

37. Charlotte Church

38. Sting

39. Blue

40. All Saints

happy07.gifhappy07.gifhappy07.gif

Yeah, I know polls are utterly worthless, but this one is so bad I thought it would give a few people a giggle... :D

Tho I weep for my poor deluded countrymen :cry:

• Members

Charlotte Church:D :D

Girls Aloud:D :D

Sugababes:D :D

Wot, no Max Bygraves?:confused:

I had to go to the poll site to find out who Will Young was. Maybe they can release Mark Chapman from jail so he can shoot him.

• Members

It's not so much who's on it, it's a list of the most popular artists on one particular station with a clearly defined listener base with a very commercial, narrow range of tastes. It's the fact they then try to claim it is some sort of definitive list for the whole country?!?!

I'm usually mortally offended by these things but this one just has me giggling everytime I see it. I'll save that for when I need a laugh :D

• Members

Whatever!

Where are:

Adam Faith, Cliff Richard, Dusty Springfield, Rod Argent & The Zombies, Herman's Hermits, The Dave Clark 5, The Honeycombs, Sandie Shaw, Chicory Tip, ABC, Manfred Mann, Cilla Black, Lulu, Eric Burdon & The Animals, Chad & Jeremy, Hot Chocolate, Scritti Politti, The English Congregation, White Plains, Daniel Boone, The Kinks, Unit 4 + 2, Patience & Prudence, The Walker Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, Bananarama?

• Members

Originally posted by rasputin1963

Whatever!

Where are:

Adam Faith, Cliff Richard, Dusty Springfield, Rod Argent & The Zombies, Herman's Hermits, The Dave Clark 5, The Honeycombs, Sandie Shaw, Chicory Tip, ABC, Manfred Mann, Cilla Black, Lulu, Eric Burdon & The Animals, Chad & Jeremy, Hot Chocolate, Scritti Politti, The English Congregation, White Plains, Daniel Boone, The Kinks, Unit 4 + 2, Patience & Prudence, The Walker Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, Bananarama?

...and Genesis, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, King Crimson, Sex Pistols.

• Members

Originally posted by Base

Dear Lord!!!! I've just found out that list was compiled by ALL stations!!!!!!!!!!!

Would someone mind sponsoring me, I'm emigrating!!!!
:eek:

I'm here for ya, Base.

...er, you won't become a drain on our society, will you?

No? Well, say no more, then. We'll set up the closet under the stairs for you. :thu:

• Moderators

Base! Think about it. You're suggesting it might be more sane over here? Stay right where you are, that list is pretty scary but no where near as sadly pathetic as our list. I haven't seen our list, but I'm sure it's a good one... :)

BTW... I like Robbie Williams. I wish he'd hit here like he has there. We're missing out on some good pop. Snow Patrol too...

• Members

Hmm, good point, maybe there's a nice uninhabited island I can take up residence in somewhere ;)

Yeah, I like a lot of Robbie Williams stuff too (don't think I'd rate him quite as high as on that list tho, but I could accept him being on it somewhere).

All the more surprising that coming from Take That makes him the Brit equivalent of justin timberlake!!!!!! :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by boosh

Didn't he come from another side of the ocean?

I was being semi-jocular on this one. As Hendrix didn't make it big until he went to the UK, many English rockers consider him "one of their own" until the day he died.

• Members

Take heart...if the same poll were conducted over here about the greatest US acts, you'd probably see someone like Britney Spears or Avril LaVigne topping the list. It's just a popularity contest for kids under the age of 18.

• Members

Originally posted by relayer66

Great! I just printed out that list on a roll of toilet paper for my late night enjoyment!

DAMNIT!!! Coffee sprayed across my monitor is just NOT good for it!!!!! :D

• Members

Originally posted by Angelo Clematide

this are the annals of tomorrow i guess

You mean future vintage? Can you imagine your grandsons at 50 or 60 years old nostalgic about "the crucial influence of George Michael" or " Gorillaz, the gurus of electronic music" or " Coldplay, the founders of modern rock" !!!! :freak:

Archived