33. Texas
    34. Beatles
    35. Snow Patrol
    36. Richard Ashcroft
    37. Charlotte Church
    38. Sting
    39. Blue
    40. All Saints

Yeah, I know polls are utterly worthless, but this one is so bad I thought it would give a few people a giggle...

Tho I weep for my poor deluded countrymen
    Sound, Studio & Stage Forumites Location Map

Charlotte Church

Girls Aloud

Sugababes

Wot, no Max Bygraves?

I had to go to the poll site to find out who Will Young was. Maybe they can release Mark Chapman from jail so he can shoot him.
    "Now you've opened a whole sheetload of pain on everyone here, with all your black pudding insaneness." - Zygoat2

"I'm excited. Nothing turns chicks on more than a fat guy with a flying V playing Monkees songs!" - Sydfan

"Phuck you and your pseudo toaster." - Silas Dean

Comment

It's not so much who's on it, it's a list of the most popular artists on one particular station with a clearly defined listener base with a very commercial, narrow range of tastes. It's the fact they then try to claim it is some sort of definitive list for the whole country?!?!

I'm usually mortally offended by these things but this one just has me giggling everytime I see it. I'll save that for when I need a laugh

Comment

Dear Lord!!!! I've just found out that list was compiled by ALL stations!!!!!!!!!!!

Would someone mind sponsoring me, I'm emigrating!!!!

Comment

How the hell can Charlotte Church be only 37. And who the fukk are the Beatles?

Comment

Whatever!

Where are:

Adam Faith, Cliff Richard, Dusty Springfield, Rod Argent & The Zombies, Herman's Hermits, The Dave Clark 5, The Honeycombs, Sandie Shaw, Chicory Tip, ABC, Manfred Mann, Cilla Black, Lulu, Eric Burdon & The Animals, Chad & Jeremy, Hot Chocolate, Scritti Politti, The English Congregation, White Plains, Daniel Boone, The Kinks, Unit 4 + 2, Patience & Prudence, The Walker Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, Bananarama?
            Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

Or The Rolling Stones or The Who....?!?!?

Kids today, I despair, I really do...!

Comment

Originally posted by rasputin1963
                Whatever!

Where are:

Adam Faith, Cliff Richard, Dusty Springfield, Rod Argent & The Zombies, Herman's Hermits, The Dave Clark 5, The Honeycombs, Sandie Shaw, Chicory Tip, ABC, Manfred Mann, Cilla Black, Lulu, Eric Burdon & The Animals, Chad & Jeremy, Hot Chocolate, Scritti Politti, The English Congregation, White Plains, Daniel Boone, The Kinks, Unit 4 + 2, Patience & Prudence, The Walker Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, Bananarama?

...and Genesis, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, King Crimson, Sex Pistols.

Comment

Alas, most polls tell you more about the people who responded than about the subject at hand...

"It is said that power corrupts, but actually it’s more true that power attracts the corruptible." - David Brin

Comment

I didn't see Tony Blair anywhere on that list.
                    I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally Posted by coyote-1

A soul, waiting to go to God, wanted a turkey sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by Base
                      Dear Lord!!!! I've just found out that list was compiled by ALL stations!!!!!!!!!!!

Would someone mind sponsoring me, I'm emigrating!!!!

I'm here for ya, Base.

...er, you won't become a drain on our society, will you?

No? Well, say no more, then. We'll set up the closet under the stairs for you.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

Originally posted by rasputin1963
                        Whatever!

Jimi Hendrix

Didn't he come from another side of the ocean?
                        Don't Eat The Yellow Snow. Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.

Comment

Base! Think about it. You're suggesting it might be more sane over here? Stay right where you are, that list is pretty scary but no where near as sadly pathetic as our list. I haven't seen our list, but I'm sure it's a good one...

BTW... I like Robbie Williams. I wish he'd hit here like he has there. We're missing out on some good pop. Snow Patrol too...

Comment

Hmm, good point, maybe there's a nice uninhabited island I can take up residence in somewhere

Yeah, I like a lot of Robbie Williams stuff too (don't think I'd rate him quite as high as on that list tho, but I could accept him being on it somewhere).

All the more surprising that coming from Take That makes him the Brit equivalent of justin timberlake!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boosh

Didn't he come from another side of the ocean?

I was being semi-jocular on this one. As Hendrix didn't make it big until he went to the UK, many English rockers consider him "one of their own" until the day he died.
                              Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

Working...
                              X