What was Keef doing in a tree?

Magpel

• Members

You've probably heard by now that Keith Richards fell out of a tree in Fiji and suffered a mild concussion.

I hope he'll be fine. But what was he doing up in a tree in Fiji? It conjures some bizarre Uncle Duke-like images.

• Members
  • Members
  • Moderators

Come on guys.... I'm sure we all know someone in thier 60's who gets smashed out of their gourd in Figi and climbs. It's pretty much an Olympic sport by now. It's the falling part that's a little embarrasing.

Rock on Keef...

Did anyone see Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll again on Bravo the other day? The Keith puts ace band together to back Chuck Berry flick? That's a great movie.

Keith's got a mug of beer in hand the whole flick. My favorite part is when Chuck stops the practice to point out to Keith that he's doing the bend on an intro backwards... it starts in the bent position then down then back up, etc. Exactly opposite to the way Keith has been doing it for years and he can't get it... and he's trying pretend he's got it, but Bobby Keys and Steve Jordan and Chuck all know he's not playing it right. Everytime he plays it wrong, which is everytime he plays it, he makes a little grimace not intended for anyone to notice... pretty funny.

But he rocks like no one else. When you fall out of a tree... you go right back and climb another one I say. Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll!

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Knight

Did anyone see Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll again on Bravo the other day? The Keith puts ace band together to back Chuck Berry flick? That's a great movie.

Keith's got a mug of beer in hand the whole flick.

OT, but as far as the beer goes, that sounds exactly like my long-time next door neighbor. The only difference is that he's a "can" man.

I'm convinced that if one were to try to remove a can from his hand, it would have to be done with an upward or downward sliding motion (and possibly a little lube).:D After all these years, I'd be totally surprised if his hand hasn't atrophied into a permanent beer-can-holding position.

Apologies for the tangent. Carry on.

Rick

Archived