What does the sound of one-handed clapping sound like?

Ryst

• Members

yea bart said "like this lisa.." and clapped his palm with his fingers..

but to take a more literal (and zen) interpretation, I'd say the sound of one hand clapping, is what a one legged man in an ass kicking contest looks like

• Members

It makes about half the sound of two hands clapping. It's what's also known as a golf clap.

It's performed by holding one hand still and slapping it with the other hand, as opposed to unbridled applause in which both hands are in motion vigorishly slapping each other.

• Members

hi, it's me again the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER... ONE HANDED CLAPPING is part of this terrible mental illness called ENLIGHTMENT which is swapping over for years from Asia, technically it is speed, balance and impact. It is also my responsibility to alert each and every one of you to the potential consequences of various activities you might be performing which could eventually lead to The Death Penalty (or affect your parents' credit rating). Our criminal institutions are full of little creeps like you who do clapping... and many of them were driven to these crimes by a horrible force called MUSIC!

• Members

Well it depends on the signal chain.

I've come to like ribbon mics and no compresssion to record the one hand clapper to 2:" for gentle tape squashing

Of course, most all contemporary one hand clapping is very derivative.

I have yet to hear anything that comes close to the sound of that one hand clapping that i first heard while soaring above the clouds in 1969.

If you weren' there to experience it you could never understand....

• Members

Originally posted by Ryst

Anyone?
:freak:

At what altitude and at what level of humidity? :D

(Didn't Stephen Wright do a bit on this?? I'm asking, as I seem to vaguely recall something he did on this question.)

Rick

Archived