Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of what I've been up to lately...

Can be found here. Comments welcomed.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

That sounds cool,... they remind me of I dunno if I have the right bandname.,...I was thinking of Maroon 5.
    Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.

Comment

Very nice Phil - great production. especially like the drum sound.

cheers
      john
      Recording Studio Design Forum
      Design Site

Comment

Yes, Marron 5 is one name I've heard a few times. John Mayer is another... there's been a few more that I don't recall off the top of my head.

John, the drums were pretty standard - the classic 3 mic technique, but augmented with close mics; with one overhead (AT 4041's) centered over the snare, the other set lower, peeking over the floor tom at an equal distance from the center of the snare. Snare was a Audix i-5 on the side of the shell. Kick was an RE20, and a Yamaha Subkick, each printed to seperate tracks. Toms were Audix D2's.

Thanks for listening, and for the kind words.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe
          Snare was a Audix i-5 on the side of the shell.

You do this too? Gives a nice, balanced snare sound.
          Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

I've been doing that for years Ken. And yes, I generally prefer the tone over miking the top alone, or the top with a bottom mic with the phase flipped.

- George Carlin

Comment

Nice sound! Very clean & real...

Nice material & performances too. I like the sound of these guys.

Comment

Thanks philbo - I'll pass your kind words along to the guys.

- George Carlin

Comment

Bump for Craig.

- George Carlin

Comment

Hey phil, just thought i'd add that my girlfriend is a big fan! and thinks that they should be 'totally broadcast everywhere!'

the chaps voice sounds like its going to get better with age too!

superb job!

Chris.

i'll get flyscots to tune in, he will be interested...
                    Musicplayer ex.... Chris C.
                    fae: Bonnie Scotland.

Comment

i meant EVEN better!!

Musicplayer ex.... Chris C.
                      fae: Bonnie Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                      X