Help: Nashville here I come!

Shars

• Members

Guys

I need some help re hotels, car hire etc for this weekend in Nashville.

I am planning a really important trip all biz- wise but need some help.

Hotels have to be pretty central so as to cut out to much travelling time and its my first trip to the US as well so do I need a visa or anything like that as I'm only there till Tuesday?

If theres anyone that can help me, that would be great.

Whats the prices like out there and any where that you would reccommend to eat etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

• Members

If you want to go for a reasonably priced, centrally locate hotel, there is a Hampton Inn on West End Avenue. This puts you very close to the Music Row area. You will also be within walking distance of downtown (about 3/4 of a mile). There are other hotels downtown but they will definitely be pricier and not be as close to Music Row (I'm assuming your business will be in that area).

I'll try to post some other recommendations later.

• Members

Hey Shars,

Cool .... hey, rent a car and stay on the ouside 10-12 miles from downtown, then you can get around.

I'd recomend: Quality Inn (by the airport)

615-391-5995 gwenqualitysuite@aol.com

Their probably $75-$80 on the weekend maybe a little cheeper during the week.

free airport shuttle.

The places right down town will probably be $100+ a night. The Hilton is nice.

on the up scale you'd have to check out:

Opryland Hotel.

on the cheep: Extended Stay America

615-883-7667 www.extendedstay.com

maybe me & Fantastic can show a little "Southern hospitality." ... cough , coughbeer/bucough, cough, well Fantastic doesn't drink ;)

Great Food everywhere, I'll take a look and see what's going on or check out:

http://www.nashvillescene.com

http://nashville.citysearch.com/

That ought to getcha goin'

You'll have a blast.

cheers,

Russ

• Members

Well, dang, Shars, wish it was Kansas City... but, go over to the Musicplayer.com guitar forum and get in touch with Neil (Fantasticsound) Bergman. He lives in the Nashville area.

Well, if Russ already knows Neil...I didn't know you were in Nashville til now, Russ. Guess that'll teach me... ;)

• Members

Well damn, Shars, Nashville's not that far away. If we weren't gigging this weekend we'd come up there and have dinner or something!

But Nashville's pretty cheap and the people are friendly, I'm sure you'll do fine. And no you shouldn't need a visa to come here, just your passport.

Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks though! And don't forget if YOU have any hotel recommendations for London, let me know! :)

• Members

Well thanks guys.

Looks like Fil and I are all ready and booked up and heading your way on Friday and I cant wait!

Looks like the weathers good to which is a bonus for us UK'ers :D

We're in Nashville till Monday and its all buisness but we get to see Frankie Beverley and Maze on Sunday evening which is great.

We are staying at Best Western Music Row Hotel in the city so if anyones around please do let us know and we'll try and hook up.

Lee I haven't forgotten about you btw ;)

Thanks all, looks like my 1st trip to the US is going to be to heart land of music...yayyyy :thu:

• Members

Geez...if it had been earlier I would have driven over. Can't be gone Saturday, though, my son Andrew is graduating from UMKC with his B.B.A. (sigh of relief!). So, it really wouldn't make much sense for me to drive all that way unless I'd be able to hang with you all for a bit.

• Members

Thanks John, I booked everything already and its all confirmed now :)

I have alot of packing to do and as its going to be very warm, I better get the summer clothes sorted!

Cant beleive I'll be in the US o Friday!:eek:

Ted, would have been great to see you but sons graduating from Uni are more

important than a trip out to Nashville so have a great time and send him my congratulations :)

• Members

Hey Shars,

There's really good eats and a late night hang out right across the street at a place called the Tin Roof .. killer LIVE music too.

PM me and I'll lay a cell number on ya.

Be sure to bring some tuneage as it goes well with the secret Nashville hand shake.

Russ

• Members

I hope you don't think you'll come to Nashville and not say hello, Shars!

I don't check the SSS index page much. Thank goodness Russ invited me to peek in on his live-room recording session on music row today. Otherwise I'd have never known you were coming.

Will you folks have time for a meal with (as my wife would say) your imaginary friends? :D

Shoot me a PM, if you don't mind. Here or at MP.

And have a safe flight. :)

• Members

Guys

We are arriving on Firday evening and pretty late and then meetings all day Saturday with a studio visit later in the day and then dinner and then a late lunch with the clients on Sunday, back to the hotel to change and then of to see Maze in the evening who they are guesting with and then we fly home on Monday arriving back early Tuesday morning so I guess there won't be anytime for a get together. :( :(

If anything, PM me your cell numbers and I'll call you both at some point anyway and say Hi.

Seems as if if my scheduals pretty tied up :(

Archived