Well, dang, Los Angelenos, who are we gonna root for?

• Members

Ken, I'm rooting for the Suns while they still have a glimmer of a chance. ;)

Presuming that the Lakers make it to the next round, I'll be rooting for them.

There's also a good discussion going on at the Keyboard Corner, as well as plans being made to watch a game of the presumptive Lakers/Clippers series at Yankee Doodles:

Official NBA 2005-2006 thread

Hope to see you there! :wave:

GO SUNS!!! :thu:

Suns.jpg

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Yup. Suns are toast, Nuggets are buried (hee hee). So, who wins the Battle of Los Angeles, as predicted by Zack De La Rocha?

B00003CWXW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I do not know. I'm a long-time Laker fan, and yet I find something very cool about the Clippers and their newfound rise to success. I did NOT think I'd have to choose between them this year!

Tough call. Go LA! :p

- Jeff

• Members

I'm just posting something in response to Jeff's last post in Dave Bryce's thread on Musicplayer right now. I will try and see if I can make any sort of Laker/Yankee Doodle thing that gets put together (haven't seen it yet, but I will).

• Members

Originally posted by Jeff da Weasel

...and yet I find something very cool about the Clippers and their newfound rise to success.

- Jeff

And yet Jeff has his umbrella up for sale on eBay. Fair weather in his neighborhood, I guess. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by steadyb

Fair weather in his neighborhood, I guess.
:rolleyes:

Oh puh-leeeeeeeze.

- We live in LA.

- The Clippers are an LA team.

- They have existed as underdog losers for nearly their entire existence, going back to when they were the Buffalo Braves and the San Diego Clippers.

- There is nothing wrong with wanting to see a local team break out of their years of misery.

- And that does not in any way take away from my feelings as a true Laker fan who has watched them every year since I was six years old.

But I'm witholding my pick until that series starts. I've been rooting for both teams all season, and abstaining from getting deeply into the regular season games they've played versus each other. So, I'm going to wait right up until tipoff of game one, round two, and then whatever comes out of my mouth will be the way I'm going. "Go Clippers?" "Go Lakers?" We'll see.

Either way, I'll be happy with whoever wins. :thu:

Go LA!

- Jeff

• Members

I'm a Laker fan, but in the event of them getting eliminated, I'll settle and support the Clips of course. They've suffered enough ribbing from the local media and Jay Leno. And especially if they can face some tough rivals.

We'll see what happens.

If the Lakers do play the Clippers (The Staples Series!), it would be funny for the Staples Crowd to do a mocking "BEAT LA!" chant, hahaha!

Just like I'm a Dodger fan...They get my fervor and attention, but if/when the Angels excel, they have my support (especially when they beat the hated Giants in the '02 World Series).

• Members

I've been a Clippers fan for two seasons, now. A friend has season tickets and I've been lucky enough to attend about a half-dozen games each year.

They have grown into quite a team - they play some of the best defense in the NBA (that alone could win a title for the right team), have a strong bench, and aren't reliant on a superstar.

If the Lakers show up to round 2 as Kobe and some guys, the Clippers will win it in 5 or 6. If the Lakers show up as a team (as they have against Phoenix), I'd call it too close to call.

If it goes to seven games, will the winner of a hard-fought seven-game series be stronger for the next round, or weaker?

• Members

I've been a fan of the Clippers for about three seasons now. I went to one of their games a few years ago, which was one of the most exciting I've seen. It was against the Trailblazers, and went into double-OT (Clippers won!!).

I do really like Phil Jackson, so it would be a hard call for me...I'd be happy if either team won.

But right now, the Lakers still have to get past the Suns, not something that's very easy to do...the Lakers are getting their asses kicked. They're down 19 in the 3rd quarter.

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli:

But right now, the Lakers still have to get past the Suns, not something that's very easy to do

Thank you, Ken.

It's nice to have that acknowledgment, especially from a Lakers fan; and I'm not surprised it came from you. That was very gracious. :cool:

Yep, it ain't over 'til it's over. The Lakers have done admirably well, but they still have to win a fourth game in order to advance. ;)

I expect they'll do so on Thursday; but if not, then I like Phoenix's chances at home on Game 7.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Originally posted by soapbox

I expect they'll do so on Thursday; but if not, then I like Phoenix's chances at home on Game 7.

Best,

Geoff

You're welcome, Geoff. The Suns are obviously a very tough team (and probably the most *fun* team to watch in the entire NBA!!), and as I mentioned in the other thread on MusicPlayer, if the Suns had Amare, I don't think the Lakers could win the series.

The Lakers should be able to beat them on Thursday. They're gonna come out more aggressively, I think, and take care of the turnovers more, a huge problem in tonight's game.

If they don't, they're going to have a seriously rough time in Phoenix for Game 7.

Archived