Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

The time has come again to tell SSS that...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time has come again to tell SSS that...

...I love you people.

Yeah, that's right.

Y'know, that kind of love that comes from respect, admiration, appreciation, and all that kinda ****************.

And no, Tedster and Super8, I haven't been drinking.

That's right, this is a completely lucid thing I'm sayin' right here.
    Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

That's right, this is a completely lucid thing I'm sayin' right here.

well - as lucid as you can get
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php" target="_blank">Recording Studio Design Forum</a><br />
      <a href="http://johnlsayers.com" target="_blank">Design Site</a></div>

Comment

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/bunnyknutson" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/bunnyknutson</a><br />
        <a href="http://www.bunnyknutson.com" target="_blank">www.BunnyKnutson.com</a></div>

Comment

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli
          ...I love you people.

Yeah, that's right.

Y'know, that kind of love that comes from respect, admiration, appreciation, and all that kinda ****************.

Lahhhv....

Ex-ci-ting-and-nuu...

All aboaaard...

We're ex-pect-ing yoooooooooo!

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by John Sayers

well - as lucid as you can get

Yeah, relatively speaking, anyway....
            Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

And no, Tedster and Super8, I haven't been drinking.

But I haff...(hic)...

I love you guysh too. ALL of ya. YOU GUYSH ROCK. No really, YOU GUYSH ROCK!

Naw, seriously, the only buzz I've got right now is due to a lot of caffeine.

Hey, Ken, ya know, we not only love ya, bro, but we respect the hell outta ya. You're the world conscious guy here. You're the guy with your finger on the pulse of about 100 different cultures, our official world goodwill ambassador. And it was way cool meeting ya last year.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/tedhoffman" target="_blank">My Space</a></div>

Comment

Thanks, Tedster! Totally cool meeting you as well!!

So we have Back To School Night here at my school (I work as a sp. ed. teacher, for those who don't know - I find this experience with sp. ed. students helps me record musicians much better ). I'm working a little late so the work doesn't pile up too much. But I do have to take the time to tell you people that you freakin' rule.

I love you, man...

I think I'll have a beer or three when I get home and watch the Lakers (hopefully) beat the Suns!

Comment

Ken is also one of the proud and the few who has been with SSS since almost day 1...or maybe even day 1!
                  There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

(I work as a sp. ed. teacher, for those who don't know

Okay. I didn't know that. My respect for you was already high.

But, in my humble opinion, special ed teachers are way above almost all other professions as far as having my respect. I raised a developmentally disabled daughter, and those who give of themselves to enable these wonderful kids to gain a little bit of self respect in a cruel world that's otherwise bent on knocking them down...well, it just doesn't get much better.

I'm gonna shut up now before I make a rambling idiot of myself...but do me a favor...say thanks for me to all of your colleagues in the special ed department, and give the kids a hug for me.

You rock, bro.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/tedhoffman" target="_blank">My Space</a></div>

Comment

+1,000,000 to what Ted said - except I already knew what Ken's day job is, and have already expressed my appreciation and respect for what he does. But I can't say it enough - Ken, people like you are some of the best examples of what is good and right in our world.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

<<Ken, people like you are some of the best examples of what is good and right in our world. >>

Absolutely 100% correct. Here he is saying how much he likes the people on SSS, but he is one of the main reasons this place still rocks after all these years. And don't get me started naming all the others...I have to go have dinner soon!

Yeah, I love this place too. I'm so glad it's still around and still frequented by such a cool group of folks. All I have to do is sit back and enjoy it
                        There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

I mostly lurk, but check this place nearly every day. I've learned so much from you folks and I've also exploded coffee on my keyboard LOL! Great company!

<div class="signaturecontainer">-David <br />
                          <br />
                          (the artist formally known as DC before the move to HC)</div>

Comment

...I love you people.

Thanks, Ken, but you're still not getting my Bud Lite.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left!</i></div>

Comment

Agreed and agreed.

SSS has definitely provided a great collection of thoughts, wisdom, knowedge, in a generally positive environment.
                              Definitely thankful to be a part of it (albeit minor).
                              Best regards to all of the SSS crew, posters and lurkers alike!

And Ken, your insight and life experiences have been uplifting and inspiring. The pics and stories from the India trip were great. I've been stateside for the last few years, nice to see how you represent the human race in a positive light. It's definitely a much needed force in this turbulent, chaotic and oftentimes destructive world.

Thanks to all.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/dahkter" target="_blank">http://www.myspace.com/dahkter</a></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X