Reverend Guitars - anyone?

• Members

the sound clips on the site sound really good... i don't care where they are made... good prices... good reviews of some of the models on h-c, as well...

i haven't bought a new electric for 20 years and have been wanting to get a telecaster sound without spending 2 grand!

so, phil, i think it is your civic duty to make the plunge... i assume if you were thinking of the gretch, that you would be interested in the hollow body?

• Members

Hey Phil, there's a member here named "jivejust" who's a big fan of Reverend guitars... I haven't tried any myself but maybe we could drag him over here to comment... he's not on all that often these days but maybe his pal MrKnobs can alert him that there's Reverend talk afoot. :D

Thanks Lee - I'm getting ready to roll out the door to Tucson, but I'll check his reply when I get back. That particular model I linked to isn't released yet, but seems to have some "Gretsch characteristics" - semi-hollow, Grestsh style pups, etc. and IMO, looks cool too. :) I'm curious as to how well they play and build quality of their gtrs overall.

• Members

Guitar Player just gave the Charger model a pick. Look at the website under "reviews". I have always liked soapbar PU's, though have never had a guitar equipped with them. IMO Reverand has some fine industrial design goin' on. Too bad the amps are discontinued.

Henry

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Dammit....GAS big time now...I had heard of these, but never looked. Phil, you might wanna check Heritage guitars as well....built by the old Kalamazoo guys, using a lot of the tooling from the original shops...

The Volcano and the Manta look like the ones' I'd favor.

• Members

i haven't bought a new electric for 20 years and have been wanting to get a telecaster sound without spending 2 grand!

Last I knew you could still get an american tele for somewhere between $800-900 or a mexican model which I must reluctantly admit sounds just as good for $400

• Members

Dammit....GAS big time now...I had heard of these, but never looked. Phil, you might wanna check Heritage guitars as well....built by the old Kalamazoo guys, using a lot of the tooling from the original shops...

The Volcano and the Manta look like the ones' I'd favor.

The Heritage guitars I've seen are absolutely beautiful in both build, feel, playability and sound. I'd get one of those over a Gibson in a heartbeat.

Archived