Nomad Factory Group Buy

Billster

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Seriously considering it, as I really am feeling the need for some new, better plugs, esp. in the bread-butter, EQ and compressor dept.

Billster, have you worked much with the Nomad Factory stuff?

Thing is, I'm also looking at that Focusrite Liquid Mix DSP card w/controller. That's cool and available for PC now...

• Members

Originally posted by Magpel

Seriously considering it, as I really am feeling the need for some new, better plugs, esp. in the bread-butter, EQ and compressor dept.

Billster, have you worked much with the Nomad Factory stuff?

Nomad has a little "free suite" of modulation stuff (phaser, tremolo, auto-wah) that has a very sweet sound, the phaser I'm particularly impressed with.

If you go to the Nomad site, they have full-function demo downloads with a 10 day trial period. I've been experimenting with the new Analog Trackbox, and find it very logical and easy interface in a channel strip with compressor, gate, eq, and a variable tube stage in one plug. It seems to step up my reedy sounding vocals pretty nicely.

I also like the graphical interface of the Nomad stuff compared to some of the other brands I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi all,

Just a reminder to let you know that our Group-Buy ends on December 15th. We're actually at 50% discount heading for -60%...

http://store.dontcrack.com/group-buy/

Dear Magpel, Nomad's authorizations allow to register 3 computers (Mac and/or PC). Customers that happened to upgrade their computers during the year or encountered OS issues have all been pleased by Nomad's professionalism resetting their accounts very quickly! Copy protections are a pain but all of our partners that don't use such systems are total hacked and their sales drop by 80% :(

Thanks for letting me post this here. I just wouldn't want any one to say "I didn't know"...

Have fun,

• Members

Thanks for the clarfication, Eric.

I'm still well considering it. I have some reluctance because of things I read about PACE years ago. And also my DAW is not online, and it is an ergonomic pain ot get it online! But this is a great deal, and your site, BTW, is a great and noble idea of which I've been aware since the beginning (being a part KVR-er).

• Members

Well thanks for the kind words Magpel.

It looks like the Pace issues our thankfully behind us. From our point of view at DontCrack, nothing to mention about Pace as we've received no complains from customers. So long so good...

I look forward to your participation ;-)

All the best - Eric

• Members

I want to take a minute and praise Nomad Factory for doing right by their customers.

I registered for the group buy and had some trouble registering with the serial number I was given. I sent an e-mail and got a prompt, straightforward reply that a particular plug was not part of the bundle I bought.

I wrote back and told them I thought that it was; they replied (again within 24 hours) that it was possible I saw something that was an error in the advertising regarding certain content, and gave me a new authorization code to unlock the software I thought I was qualified for.

I certainly didn't expect that, and I think it's a big step up to the plate for them to acknowledge a possible error causing the confusion, and giving me the benefit of the doubt.

Archived