Who the fuck is Craig Andertson?

redsox3g2

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by redsox3g2

Just wondering.

Craig Andertson is a small atoll in the south Pacific where US nuclear testing was performed in the mid 50s...it's known for prduceing 16 arm octopuses (yes, "octopuses" is correct as the root is Greek, and was only later brought into new-world latin) which make 50% more tako than your standard octopus

Historical note :

The "Andertson", the ill fated 3-piece swimwear consisting of pasties and a "space age" mylar thong was named after ther Anderston atoll.

unfortuantely, the swimwear was pulled from the market when it was found that the reflective nature of the bottom was causing flash blindness in males between 10 and 80 during "surreptitious

inspection of on-beach goods"

Thsi lead to a 15% increas in healthcare expenses during the summer of 1956

• Members

No, he's asking about Craig Andertson, the former 3rd baseman for the Kansas City Athletics who pretty much smoked the American League for RBIs in the late 1950s. This mistake happens all the time! I'm happy to report he's doing rather well, he lives in Tampa, Florida these days and does some occasional consulting to ESPN. We met back when I lived in Florida because every now and then he gets a letter asking him about how to rewire a Strat :) and he wondered who this "Craig Anderton" guy is. Turns out a friend of his subscribed to some of the magazines I write for, and gave him my email address.

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

No, he's asking about Craig Andertson, the former 3rd baseman for the Kansas City Athletics who pretty much smoked the American League for RBIs in the late 1950s. This mistake happens all the time!.

Duh!! I feel so foolish

• Members

Well for your information son;

Craig Anderton, the fellow who hosts this forum, is a hard working, talented musician.

But he is more than that.

He is a hard working talented digital and analogue technician.

He writes books that educate and help people like you.

He learns and intelligently evaluates most every peice of hardware and software that comes out and has done for years in this business.

In fact he is probably responsible in no small way for many of the convieniences you have at your disposal as a desktop musician or guitarist.

He has about as much knowledge about music, gear and social skills as you do in the drool that is foaming out the side of your mouth right about now.

And yes, he is probably the doode who is going to bann your sad ass so you have to come back as someone else, preferable someone with something constructive to offer.

:wave:

• Members

No, he's asking about Craig Andertson, the former 3rd baseman for the Kansas City Athletics who pretty much smoked the American League for RBIs in the late 1950s. This mistake happens all the time! I'm happy to report he's doing rather well, he lives in Tampa, Florida these days and does some occasional consulting to ESPN. We met back when I lived in Florida because every now and then he gets a letter asking him about how to rewire a Strat
:)
and he wondered who this "Craig Anderton" guy is. Turns out a friend of his subscribed to some of the magazines I write for, and gave him my email address.

If I could just figure out what happened to Ivan "Boogaloo Joe" Jones, I'll be good to go.

• Members

Hey, I'm not going to ban the guy. If he doesn't know about how find things with Google, it's not at all surprising he doesn't know who Craig Andertson is...even though I do think he is the only third baseman in AL history to have done an unassisted triple play. That was pretty amazing.

Anyway, if anyone wants to see a bio for "Craig Anderton" or hear some of my music, click here.

• Members

10 I'm drinking Tefft Cellars - Cabernet Port

"This port is made in a drier style to accentuate the great flavors of the Cabernet grape. we invite you to join us at the winery to experience our unique handcrafted wines"

It's abt 18% (sorry they don't list the brix)

it is drier than your standard port (I'm not sure what the fortification protocol they follow)

It goes quite nicely in English Breakfast tea (I think Early Grey is too floral for it, the wine itself provides that profile by itself)

oh yeah, and it'll get you feeling tight quite nicely -- QED

I go on bicycle wine tours with the wife...I carry the wine we buy which helps equalize our pace...the funny thing is...with all the stopping, the cars and the bikes go about the same pace

I thought I'd share that little part of Paul's lif, because ...GOTO 10

• Members

even though I do think he is the only third baseman in AL history to have done an unassisted triple play. That was pretty amazing.

Yeah, it's unusual for a third baseman to pull that kind of thing off. I've seen it a couple of times with a right-fielder, but baseball pundits feel that a third baseman unassisted triple play will probably never be duplicated again.

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

Yeah, it's unusual for a third baseman to pull that kind of thing off. I've seen it a couple of times with a right-fielder, but baseball pundits feel that a third baseman unassisted triple play will probably never be duplicated again.

I've heard people say that this (unsubstantiated) third nipple gave him an unfair advantage -- do you think this is so?

• Members

Originally posted by MorePaul

the famous braille slide guitar player, Blind Lemon Pledge lost his sight this way

AFTER which he became a braille slide guitar player? Just trying to clarify.

~~~~~~

Here here's a third baseman - a third baseman, I tell you! - who can make unassisted triple plays AND wire a Strat. I'm in awe. If this guy can also make a mean carne asada and swing dance, he can move in this weekend.

• Members

Originally posted by MorePaul

I've heard people say that this (unsubstantiated) third nipple gave him an unfair advantage -- do you think this is so?

I've heard this rumor before, but I'm just not sure I buy it. I mean, yeah, certainly, if he had a third nipple, it'd really be highly unfair...you'd think that he would have done it more than once is where I'm comin' from, knowhattamean?

Anyway, as you know, there's a reason why MLB keeps three-nipple guys out of the League.

• Members

You can just hear that sarcastic tone, too. Who the {censored} is Greg Anderson? I don't need no damn windows. Who are these people?

-

crazy2.gif - "Can you give me a ride across town?"

"Got a cigarette?" "Can ya loan me a couple of dollars, I'll get you back in a couple of hours?"

:mad: - {censored}in' straight line all the way from Heritage Court all the way to Moore's Cafe. It's like a trail of ants, man. Only it ain't breadcrumbs........IT'S {censored}IN' CRACK, MAN!

[Lots of laughter in the background] :D:D:D

Sheeesh....

No, I ain't given you a {censored}in' ride. And I ain't given you a couple of dollars, either.

And who the {censored} are these people?!

Damn, I can't even step out the studio for two seconds without people {censored}in' hittin' me up for cigarettes, want a {censored}in' ride across town....give me a couple of dollars and {censored}...

People like yelling at me from like fifty yards away... "HEY! HEY, MAN!"

...{censored}in' people running up on me and {censored} just cause I step out the {censored}in door.

:freak: - Damn that's some stupid {censored}. Brought to you by the mother{censored}ers walkin from the uh...

:cool: - "Yeah, brought to you by mother{censored}ers walkin from the uh taxpayer assisted government housing all the way over to the seediest bar in town."

:mad: - No, I ain't given you a ride across town...

All I know is I'd give a homeless drunk a ride to the liquor store and buy him dinner before I'd give a nickle to a crackhead.

-

:D

• Members

Originally posted by the stranger

You can just hear that sarcastic tone, too.
Who the {censored} is Greg Anderson?
I don't need no damn windows. Who are these people?

-

crazy2.gif
-
"Can you give me a ride across town?"

"Got a cigarette?" "Can ya loan me a couple of dollars, I'll get you back in a couple of hours?"

:mad:
- {censored}in' straight line all the way from Heritage Court all the way to Moore's Cafe. It's like a trail of ants, man. Only it ain't breadcrumbs........IT'S {censored}IN' CRACK, MAN!

[Lots of laughter in the background]
:D:D

Sheeesh....

No, I ain't given you a {censored}in' ride. And I ain't given you a couple of dollars, either.

And who the {censored} are these people?!

Damn, I can't even step out the studio for two seconds without people {censored}in' hittin' me up for cigarettes, want a {censored}in' ride across town....give me a couple of dollars and {censored}...

People like yelling at me from like fifty yards away... "HEY! HEY, MAN!"

...{censored}in' people running up on me and {censored} just cause I step out the {censored}in door.

:freak:
- Damn that's some stupid {censored}. Brought to you by the mother{censored}ers walkin from the uh...

:cool:
-
"Yeah, brought to you by mother{censored}ers walkin from the uh taxpayer assisted government housing all the way over to the seediest bar in town."

:mad:
- No, I ain't given you a ride across town...

All I know is I'd give a homeless drunk a ride to the liquor store and buy him dinner before I'd give a nickle to a crackhead.

-

-Winner of SYN's "Stoned Post of the Evening" award, 11/17/06

• Members

No, he's asking about Craig Andertson, the former 3rd baseman for the Kansas City Athletics who pretty much smoked the American League for RBIs in the late 1950s. This mistake happens all the time! I'm happy to report he's doing rather well, he lives in Tampa, Florida these days and does some occasional consulting to ESPN. We met back when I lived in Florida because every now and then he gets a letter asking him about how to rewire a Strat
:)
and he wondered who this "Craig Anderton" guy is. Turns out a friend of his subscribed to some of the magazines I write for, and gave him my email address.

Figures a Red Sox fan wouldn't know that.

• Members
Craig Andertson is a Danish idiom that translates roughly into "Live on!" It is usually used dismissively, rather like a combination of "go away" and "get a life." It is, in any case, no way to introduce yourself to a forum of Danish musicians.

Archived