Tempurpedic Beds

monstermaker

• Members

I ended up getting a Sleep comfort bed, after looking at both.

TheTempupedic beds require a different technique for getting out of bed.

I encounterd a retired gentleman who had returned his tempurpedic because of the difficulty he had getting out of bed.

The sleep comfort allows you and your mate to individually adjust adjust the firmness of the mattress.

I have two ruptured discs and it's been the best bed for me.

:cool:

• Members

You might want to look into natural latex which is similar to Tempurpedic but in my opinion much more comfortable.

Latex doesn't take a long time to pop back up like Tempurpedic it returns instantly to it's original configuration when you move which I find to be a big difference in how it feels to sleep on.

Unfortunately much natural latex bedding is pricey and the latex is only a part of the matress.

I bought a simple piece of six inch thick kingsize latex with a cover on it for about $1000.00 and it's by far the most comfortable bedding I have found.

• Members

I don't have a Temperpedic bed, but a lot of people swear by them. There are (I think) three different degrees of firmness to the mattresses, so try out a few, lay in it for 5-10 minutes, and see if you can hang with it. I tried one of the soft ones, and it seemed super comfortable. I didn't find the harder ones as comfortable. YMMV.

• Members

We've been sleeping on the old fashion 'heated bag of water in a frame' waterbed for over 30 years. It does take a special technique to get out of it, but I still love it. The mattress seems to last about 6 years on average before developing a leak, but they are not expensive to replace. I think the most expensive element is the cost of the electricity to keep it heated.

• Members

Got the Tempur-pedic Queen Classic, the least expensive one in February when we bought our new house. The money I have saved in Chiropractic visits alone have paid for it. If my back or neck are sore going to bed, they are fine in the morning. Sleep is a new uninterrupted experience with the Tempur-pedic. No tossing and turning in the night. Easy to get in and out of. Nothing compares to it regarding the other things done in bed.

It springs back quickly after getting up. It is nothing like the imitations. I had a Tempsoma pad on my old mattress from Sam's Club. That thing was horrible and it lost it's memory after a month. There were 2 sunken areas where my wife and I slept. There is no substitute. Tempur-pedic rocks.

• Members

You should google and look into the toxic outgassing from those beds...Very unhealthy with serious health hazard potential...Just a heads up...

My buddy has one and it's comfortable as hell!!....I like the Sleep Number bed from select comfort myself though and plan on buying one this spring!!

• Members

My experience was that, because they react to body heat, the first hole you'd formed wouldn't nessecarily re-form around your new position when you rolled over.

I also thought they were hot and clammy. It forms around you, but doesn't breathe. The 'satisfaction guarantee' turned out to be BS too. When we took it back, essentially what they offered us was a store credit. Still, we were glad to be rid of it.

• Members

When I saw this thread on this forum, I was really expecting a discussion on use of Tempurpedic mattresses as acoustic treatment on studio walls. :)

My wife and I use a much thinner mattress topper made of the same material and marketed by "The Better Back Store" and really like it. I sleep much better now.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Got a pillow, and it's great.

At first, seems too stiff; but then it conforms to your head, and you notice that for a change it's not just one point on your head/face providing support... which is great.

So now I'm looking for a mattress topper.

What I've seen so far is that there's "Memory Foam" and there's "Foam".

It also comes in different durometers/hardnesses. That, I haven't delved into fully yet...

It would seem there's a number of people selling it "cheap" on Ebay; I've also seen people recommending calling a local "foam supplier".

I also looked at Walmart online; at first it looked like they had a good deal on 4" memory foam, but then reading the fine print it says "1.5" memory foam, 2.5" foam"...

Although, I'm thinking a 1.5" topper might be enough, I dunno.

I *do* know I'm sold on the stuff.

I also know there's a lot of people who are thinking it's just regular foam that springs back - it's NOT the same thing....

Archived