What's Your Quirk? OT:

Mike McLenison

• Members

When some persons say " Now this is the truth" "This is a true story" "Honestly" or something on that order. Does it mean they were full of crap all those other times?

Persons who say a band/musician sucks when it is only that they do not like them.

Room mates that invite people over for after hour parties without warning.

When insincere women lie to me just to get in my pants.

• Members

Originally posted by jplux1

People who don't use different utensils when making a pb&j sandwich. You end up with little bits of butter in the jelly -shivers- Grosses me OUT!

Man! I feel the same way! That's why I always lick the knife clean before I stick it in the other jar. :)

As far as quirks go.....I can't really think of any.

• Members

Originally posted by blackpig

People who use phrases like,

"At the end of the day"

"In the final analysis"

and so on. Or indeed any body who uses corporate/office jargon. String the bastards up by the testicles.

C'mon, Blackpig, you're not thinking outside the box...

AUGGGHHHH

• Members

When people attempt to correct my pronunciation of the word "timbre". There are three accepted pronunciations: TIMber,TAMber or TAMbra. I prefer TIMber, but it's really annoying how smug some people are when they insist that TAMber is the only pronunciation.

See:

timbre

• Moderators

Originally posted by Ed A.

When people attempt to correct my pronunciation of the word "timbre". There are three accepted pronunciations: TIMber,TAMber or TAMbra. I prefer TIMber, but it's really annoying how smug some people are when they insist that TAMber is the only pronunciation.

See:

timbre

How do pronounce hundred? :)

• Members

Hmmm...obviously I haven't been using a bottom-up approach. There's a man who lives near me who I once heard using the phrase "bottoms-up approach". That's the way he mis-heard it. I'll be back to link in with you guys when I can get a window.

*jumps out of window*

:wave:

• Members

You need to think outside the ox! It's like what Ted said, only beefier!!

Some adverts irritate me to the point of boycotting the products. The worst was for filing tax returns (which I don't do anyway) with the witty catchphrase of 'go on go on go on go on go on' etc until you eventually went insane and put your TV set through the nearest wall :mad:

• Members

It's similar to "nukular," and just as irritating to me: "jew-lery," instead of "jewel-ry."

All the poorly-written commercials that end with, "...for all your (fill-in-the-blank) needs."

People who correct you when you call them "Mister so-and-so," and insist you call them "DOCTOR." Ooooh, I'm impressed!

P.S.: Once I find out that something I said really irritates someone, BUT I'M RIGHT, they're in for a long night. Example: if I say "Shayman" to describe a witch-doctor, and someone jumps in to correct me with "Shah-man," (both pronunciations are accepted,) I'll make sure to say "shay-man" ALL NIGHT LONG. And if someone "corrects" me with something that's wrong, I'll do it double.

Archived