OT: Hey Mac men (and women)...How to right click?

Magpel

• Members

My friend tells me she can't right click with her iMac, and is thus unable to access wonderful things like "save as" and "properties,"on, say, online images. How do you Macolytes right click? There must be a way, right?

Signed,

ignorant in Redmond

• Members

Yeah, but the right click on the PC has that warmth and punch that just can't be recreated on a Mac no matter how sophisticated the modeling. It is, to paraphrase Mark Twain, like the difference between lightening and a lightening bug.

• Members

Originally posted by Magpel

Yeah, but the right click on the PC has that
warmth
and
punch
that just can't be recreated on a Mac no matter how sophisticated the modeling. It is, to paraphrase Mark Twain, like the difference between lightening and a lightening bug.

That's a common misconception. The trick is to burn in your mouse cable by clicking a repeating pattern: click click click pause click click pause click pause pause

Just repeat that clicking pattern for about 10 minutes, and it will trigger the flux capacitor to create an Einstein-Rosen bridge, enabling the signal to bypass the slew-rate limitations, thus producing the warmth and punch you desire in your mouse clicking.

Pssh. Noob. :rolleyes:

• Members

You guys have it all wrong. As I've been saying for years, you need to throw out those personal computers and get yourself something like an ENIAC or UNIVAC computer. You won't be able to run many plugins, but just think how warm those bits will sound when they're run through an all tube signal path.

:D;)

• Members

Edit - Never mind. I figured it out. Need two fingers on the pad. It can be a finger from each hand or two fingers together from the same hand. The pad seems to know if there are two pressure points.

--------------------------------

Okay, my turn with a question.

I'm on a MacbookPro using the touch pad. Sometimes I move my finger on across the pad and the pointer moves. Occasionally I move my finger across the pad and the page scrolls. I cannot figure out what it is that makes it scroll the page? On my WinPC the pad has a section on the right that is used to scroll the browser.

Any tips or suggestions on how to get consistant with the scrolling?

Robert

Archived