The Absolute Most Annoying Thing You've Heard On The Radio

MikeRivers

• CMS Author

For me, it's clicking of CD cases.

In order for you to hear this, you of course have to listen to radio stations with real people playing the records, not you usual top 40 corporate station.

Why can't these DJs put the CDs away while the mic is off? There's certainly plenty of time between plays to put away the last one and load up the next one.

• Members

Originally posted by Super 8

"Bob plays everything."
:mad:

OK... I don't like to ever admit I don't get everything... but I'm afraid I need explanation on that one...

On the phone ringing thing... for a while in the late 90s and early 00's there were a few smart asses who seemed to think it was hip to mix "classic" cell ringtones into their tracks. Since I had electronic ringers on my landlines AND my old cell it was really irritating.

I also REALLY hate it on TV when some post guy decides to tweak the surround on an off-camera phone (or other environmental noise) so that it sounds like it's in back of me. (I've now taken down my TV surround and even avoid the surround-sim thing on my TV. Sounds coming out of nowhere make this longtime citydweller nervous. ;) )

• Members

this would have to be yesterday; i heard the dj's call up a few folks who are, how shall i put it, 'challenged'. i believe the current PC term is 'developmentally disabled' - a term i am not fond of at all.

so they had these folks on the radio and asked them questions - and them made fun of them for their answers.

i was totally pissed.

at one location i work we share the building with a center for these folks, a place for them to hang out, play pool, have dances, recreation etc all free of charge. i am around these folks a lot, and you know what? they are every bit as much people as i am.

these folks on the radio probably thought it was great to be on the radio and had no idea they were being made fun of.

don't quote me on this, but i beleive it was Q98 in fargo, ND.

• Members

I really don't know what the sounds are, BUT do you ever hear these very "tiny" sounds in the background of some recordings? Sometimes, it sounds like a very quiet ringing noise, or a siren of some sort. I haven't been able to figure out what it is, but am I the only one who hears it?

-J.P. LUX

• Members

Yeah, car horns and sirens in radio spots is really annoying (actually, you'd think there's be some sort of law against that on radio adverts. Can be quite dangerous at times.)

But the most annoying thing I hear is a series of short thingies they play on one of the stations here by a guy named Gib Forster (sp?) every Xmas. They are the most smarmy, over-sweet, sickeningly sentimental garbage I've ever heard.

• Members

There used to be this radio ad around here for some industrial strength lawyer that used the same music bed for different voiceovers.

The music? Grinding, late 80's hair metal. Think heavy overdrive, chorused guitars, double bass drumming, splashy reverb.

Then, more splashy reverb on the voiceover:

"Have you been injured!?!?"

"Divorce doesn't have to be painful to your wallet too!??"

"Are you facing bankruptcy!?!?!"

The law office of Chase, D'Ambulance, and Sue is here to help!!!

The whole thing sounded like it was assembled in somebody's basement with a Rockman, a TR-505, and an SPX-90.

• Moderators

Morning funny drive time idiots. The over done yucks and the even more idiotic guy that laughs at idiot #1.

"OK... so here's what were going to do. We going to place a call to this guy's mom, she can't hear very well. And here's the real kicker, the guy's going to be standing in front of her in the room dressed like the mailman, hopefully she won't recognize him, and he's going to be complaining about the way she won't empty her mailbox everyday, but she does! We'll be on the phone telling her there's a warrant for her arrest due to some things she's left in her side yard that she hasn't taken care of... but she has! He'll win 50 bucks everytime he can get his mom to say Mama Mia. He loses 50 bucks everytime we can get her to say a curse word. Ready?!?!"

• Members

For me it's the commercials on the radio. If I hear another jewelry store ad I'm gonna puke. :evil: The {censored} starts about labor day and just gets more irritating from there on. Point to ponder....... If fine jewelry is so fine, then why do stores let the stuff go after christmas for 60- 80% off? Then there are the ones for banks/ credit and loan companies....after those you get ads for debt consolidation...:freak:

• Members

- Hearing the same songs over and over and over and over (yes, I know, I should get satellite radio - I play a bunch of my CDs instead).

- Stereotyping of Asians. Rarely happens anymore. It's not that it is really *that* bad the times that I've heard it, but it's just not funny. I've written in to the program director and said, "Hey, just heard your morning show where someone imitated how a Chinese guy talks, not the coolest thing I've heard, also not all that funny, just lettin' you know." The one time I wrote in, the guy responded by saying that he wanted to talk to me on the phone. He also reviewed the tape and agreed.

- The sound of music playing on it frequently sounds awful.

- Most (if not all) of the other things mentioned here sound quite obnoxious as well!

• Members

'Bout 5 minutes ago a local DJ just had to spend 5 minutes describing the story of the very simple song just played, ex in the bar, got up and left, feel bad, the end.

Does this DJ think we are all morons, that we can't get this simple country song?

Shutup and play the frikk'n music.

Archived