The Official "Best of 2006" Thread

Anderton

• Members

Hi,

My sons (12 and 14) asking me to sit in with their band for three youth band rock shows. The boys are good sax players and it was such a pleasure to play with them.

I can also say that I feel I've done something right when they ask their Dad when so many other kids think their parents are the pure definition of uncool.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

I'm gonna go with the Emulator X2 software because of 'synth swipe.' I'm actually gonna be able to get rid of some hardware I was keeping around for those couple of sounds. It works really well and really painless for a sampling novice like me.

I'm not suppose to know, but I'm getting a Tranzport for X-mass. Don't know if it came out this year or last, but I have high hopes.

Crikey, movies, books?! I'm gonna mention 'Just Friends' because it's very funny and appropriate for X-mass. Also, a lawyer friend of mine said my writing reminded him of Richard Laymon. So of course I've picked up a bunch of Laymon novels. He died in 2001 or so, but his writing lives on and is really viseral and engaging. It's new to me in 2006!

• Members

Movies:

Clerks 2

Borat

Computers/Electronics:

Nintendo Wii

Mac Pro

CDS:

Saosin - Saosin

Gym Class Heroes - As Cruel As School Children

Hilltop Hoods - The Hard Road

Brand New - God And The Devil Are Raging Inside Me

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Dont you Fake It

TV:

Weeds Season 2

Friday Night Lights

Entourage Season 3

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

... best customer service ....

Native Instruments. They gave me Komplete 4 and some monitary credit to make up for the low value of Komplete Care this past year, and then threw in Massive because Komplete 4 was slow to ship to US customers. The deadline to use the credit is now extended far enought that I can hold on to it until I want to order Komplete 5. Last week I got a notice that owners of NI instruments can now install them on 3 computers instead of 2. For me this is perfect timing as they are releasing UB versions for Mac and I just got a MacbookPro.

:thu:

Robert

• Members

Originally posted by Rabid

Native Instruments. They gave me Komplete 4 and some monitary credit to make up for the low value of Komplete Care this past year, and then threw in Massive because Komplete 4 was slow to ship to US customers. The deadline to use the credit is now extended far enought that I can hold on to it until I want to order Komplete 5. Last week I got a notice that owners of NI instruments can now install them on 3 computers instead of 2. For me this is perfect timing as they are releasing UB versions for Mac and I just got a MacbookPro.

:thu:

Robert

+1

FM8 is the single biggest and best change/upgrade in any product I have ever owned.

Massive is a CPU hog, but it is way cool.

Also, thanks for the tip about using the coupon for the Komplete 5 upgrade. I hadn't considered that.

Still, to me, Komplete 4 is a GREAT upgrade. Just for FM8 and Battery 3 it is worth it. I also really like getting Akoustic Piano with the deal too.

Originally posted by Anderton

Core 2 Duo processors. They totally rock.

Athlon 64 dual cores... Love 'em! :thu:

I'll find out about the Core Duos soon enough... I got one (Mac Mini) for the wife for Christmas. (shhh! ;) )

Multi-core and multi-CPU systems are absolutely amazing for music work... I couldn't go back to a single core or single CPU system.

• Members

I am a gadget freak and I saw the Micro BR at Summer Namm and just got it the other day. I didn't quite know what to expect - but holy crap this thing is cool!!! I just bought one for my brother for Xmas. Worth EVERY pennny. Like Pro Tools in your pocket.

Archived