Wow, the new search function is SCREWY!

Magpel

• Members

The saga continues...

I was just trying to dig up the pre-market thread about the Zoom H4 Pocket recorder, which I just got from my wife for Xmas and about which I am ready to say a few things...

So I searched "Zoom H4" -- clever, right?

I was told that the search terms did not the Three word search term minimum. Three word minumum for a two word product...okay...

So I made sure "exact words" was not checked and searched "Zoom H4 Recorder," and I was told again that I failed to meet the 3 word minimum. Guess "H4" isn't recognized as a word.

So, "exact words" still unchecked, I searched a variety of three word strings. "zoom h4 hadheld recorder," "zoom H4 pocket recorder,"

all which produced no matches.

hmmmm...

So I made sure "exact words" was not checked and searched "Zoom H4 Recorder," and I was told again that I failed to meet the 3 word minimum. Guess "H4" isn't recognized as a word.

Correct. Each word has to be a minimum of three letters / characters in length for the search engine to "get it".

Sorry for the limitatation - it's a pain sometimes. I'd suggest trying...

Zoom recorder

Zoom handheld

Zoom portable

Zoom MP3

...and see if it gets it with any of those. If not, you could just try "Zoom", and limit the search to the last couple of months. You'll get a lot of hits from using just "Zoom", but by restricting it to the time period since the H4 was released, you should be able to cut it down to slightly more manageable numbers. :wave:

Archived