Wha if? [Just an Idea]

ViLo

• Members

....There was a way of connecting brains and transfer /download/upload information, knowldage, talent etc.?

Will there be a market for it?

Would you do it for money/pay or charge ?

Would you do it for free?

Do you think it'll be possible one day?

Just Thinking...:)

• Members

Originally posted by ViLo

....There was a way of connecting brains and transfer /download/upload information, knowldage, talent etc.?

Will there be a market for it?

Of course. Hopefully there'd be a way to prevent your brain from being downloaded against your will, though. :eek:

Would you do it for money/pay or charge ?

Would you do it for free?

Do what, allow my brain to be downloaded? Or download someone else's?

I don't think I'd want either one.

Do you think it'll be possible one day?

I sure hope not.

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

I'd want to connect with the Dalai Lama, Bruce Swedien, Craig Anderton, Phil O'Keefe, Stephen Hawking and Warren Beatty (the latter more for curiosity's sake
:D
). There's others, but I'll stop for now.

:thu::D

• Members

You Sir are stealing my ideas. I don't know how you do it but I came up with {censored} like this lots of times. Even when we were at Musicplayer's Network.

I have so many unfinsihed music in my head,......I can hear it clearly but haven't recorde it,...

I need a plug or a wire to plug into my Lobes and Upload the stuff to a server......

• Members

hmmm, I ponder the question "at what cost?"

not in terms of the monetary cost or potential social costs/ramifications, but rather to the individual

If we reorganize Party A's brain to "match" Party B's skills/talents -- we may very well be altering Party A's cognitive biases to match Party B's and in so doing we may be sacrificing Party A's "ways of thinking" (that may have value not reflected in party B's ways of thinking) in favor of Party B's

Aaaah, the "Brain to MIDI" interface. We've been talking about that for years. :D I think they're still a few years away from having the technology perfected though... ;)

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

I'd want to connect with the Dalai Lama, Bruce Swedien, Craig Anderton, Phil O'Keefe, Stephen Hawking and Warren Beatty (the latter more for curiosity's sake
). There's others, but I'll stop for now.

Ken my friend, you do me great honor, but I'm afraid my name doesn't belong in such august company! :o

Originally posted by Lee Flier

Actually Phil and I have already perfected the technology, but we have to keep that a secret.
;)

Yeah... the way some people have abused tuning plug-ins and quantizing, we decided we don't want to be guilty of further lowering the musical bar... ;) So we are not going to release it until society is ready to use the technology for good, not evil. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Aaaah, the "Brain to MIDI" interface. We've been talking about that for years.
I think they're still a few years away from having the technology perfected though...
;)

NO!NO!NO!! Phil, firewire please :D:D

• Members

Boy...talk about the ultimate virus propogation tool.

You'd have people walking down the street, guarded and keeping an eye out for someone who might tackle them and jam a FW Flash memory hub into their head. Or break into their homes at night for the same purpose.

Dates would cease to have any allure (though we're not far from that, now), because you could 'make a connection' in a bar, restaurant, whathaveyou, then you'd 'make a connection'. All the mystery would be lost.

Musical talent would mean absolutely nothing. (As opposed to the almost nothing it means today). Reviews would read something like "Well, he played alright for a guy who downloaded EVH a couple of years ago." You'd have a million people addicted to downloading everything they could get their hands on instead of developping something on their own.

"Too Much Information", from the Police's 'Ghost In The Machine', would become fully prophetic.

Homework, OTOH, could almost never get 'lost'. Teachers would have the ultimate tool.

Law enforcement could conceiveably take a whole new direction. On one hand, justice might be a little more fair; however, with the possibility of instant editing, maybe not.

And what of foreign policy? How screwed up would THAT get?

No, thanks. I'll stick to conversation.

• Members

Originally posted by achtung jackass

read 3001: The Final Odissey by Arthur C. Clarke, there are devices in that book called "Braincaps" that do these types of things. i realise its just fiction, but dammit i think it'd be cool!
:)

OT : do you get te sense he "phoned it in"?

I mean, it almost feels ghost written

• Members

This sounds a lot like my bladder to bladder connection idea.

Some mornings I gotta go really bad....but my wife is a much better early riser than I am. So I figure since she's already getting up........;)

• Members

Don't know about the talent part (because that involves more than just your brain) but the transfer of information will certainly be possible in the not too distant future. Scientists are working on this and making great strides every year.

Would I want it?

No.

Will it happen?

Yes.

• Members

Of course, what will ultimately drive development of the technolgy for a direct brain-to-computer interface will be on-line advertising.

And you think todays version of pop-ups are a problem??

Just wait till they invade your brain directly from over the web. I'm sure Macafee an/or Symantec will figure out a way to provide expensive filtering services. The idea of a virus is kinda scarry.

All this is the reason I refuse to get a cell phone. ( I now consider myself part of a very elite group of people who get to live life without them.)

Its a very slipery slope.:);)

Archived