Anyone using a CME UF Midi Master Keyboard?

georg79

• Members

Anyone using a CME UF series USB Midi Master Keyboard?

I have the UF6. Generally speaking it is an ok midi keyboard but the drivers are awful. The CME forum is full of complaints and update requests. But no sign of improvement or update so far.

What do you think?

What is your experience?

Please share.

• Members

What are the main problems you're having with the drivers?

They just stop working.

Notes hang.

Usb stops working.

The editor is poorly designed and was last updated in December 2005.

can't you just go via midi and bypass the drivers altogether?

If it was given to me for free, I wouldn't mind. But I paid for it so I expect it to work as advertised and be supported by the manufacturer.

Here is the official forum - full of complaints and bug reports:

http://www.cme-pro.com/forum/

• Members

I have a UF8 but I've never tried the USB (I use the MIDI i/o on my MOTU interface).

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I was hoping when Yamaha picked up distro for these that they'd spruce up the website/support.

But I never even tried the USB. FWIW, I've had no problems with the MIDI -- but I've still never even pursued getting the fader surface going... I'll admit, all I really wanted was to pound on some keys that felt kinda like my real piano (which is, sadly, embargoed in the garage).

• Members

I've been watching to see when the CME VX-series would actually hit the shelves. Ads for the VX controllers have been in magazines for months but the deliveries have been pushed back again and again. To my knowledge, they still have not hit the shelves despite the fact that they were announced last January and were supposed to have shipped last July. This all says vaporware to me. Doesn't matter what they announce at NAMM next month - if you can't deliver before the end of the year then what's the point?

And nobody in the industry has a poorer website than CME. :(

• Members

I really like my UF8 (action-wise) but not everyone does. There was a long thread on them at GearSlutz and opinion seemed to be running about 4-to-1 against the UF8's action. (But then it's GearSlutz, know what I mean? If a piece of gear is affordable it's automatically dinged by a lot of folks there. God love 'em.)

If I was shopping today, I'd probably also look at Yamaha's affordable digital piano (which I saw for around $600 or so, I think, in the holiday mailers). If the actions were similar (as I suspect they might be) the Yamaha would probably get the nod from me, if only for the inclusion of a presumably reasonable digital piano or two. The control surface on the UF8 has potential but I've yet to map it to anything except the volume controller.

• Members

When it had its AMAZING "Glaucoma Hymn" as an AUTO-PLAY on its home page, THIS site was widely touted as the worst site on the web...

http://www.globalaigs.org/

But when they made the top spot a few times at www.websitesthatsuck.com they cleaned it up a little.

But you can still get the Glaucoma Hymn as a DL and it's well worth it... amaze your friends.

http://www.globalaigs.org/pages/Hymn.htm

And at least the color scheme remains from the old, oft-cited site.

Archived