Blue, the new Adobe Reader is out!

the stranger

• Members

Adobe Reader 7 - PDF reader - 20.9MB -~

* Adobe SystemsView, print, and search PDF files

* Launches up to 50% faster than Reader 6.0 (So, what...like ten minutes?)

Makes you wonder what all's going on in there. That's a lot of bits and bytes just to display some text and images.

What is the point of a pdf, anyway? :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by the stranger

Makes you wonder what all's going on in there. That's a lot of bits and bytes just to display some text and images.

What is the point of a pdf, anyway?
:confused:

I bellieve the point of PDFs is to be a cross-platform format that allows the inclusion of all kinds of graphics, formatting, tables, graphs, etc. A universal, 'rich', format. I don't know how successful they have been at that, but they have managed to become one of the standard formats. I find PDFs irritating to work with though.

• Members

What is the point of a pdf, anyway?
:confused:

Heh.

My recovery is complete. I now use CutePDF Writer for casual PDF creation [it shows up as a 'printer' so you just 'print' to a PDF file, great for copying receipts and whatnot off the web or PDFs of invoices, reports, etc] and I use Fox-It PFD reader so... hell, until Adobe does something awful with Dreamweaver and/or Flash (and something tells me that's a "when" and not an "if") I don't even hate them...

• Members

Originally posted by blue2blue

Heh.

My recovery is complete...

I'll stop back when I get some better material. I just remember you ranting about that program and I saw that on Google stuff and about fell out of my chair. As usual, this is one of those things where a person is really trying to entertain themself, and hopefully somebody else in the process. I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole thing, but I would say I was fairly amused, so I'm going for the win column. Sorry you didn't fare so well. :D-~

• Members

I'll stop back when I get some better material. I just remember you ranting about that program and I saw that on Google stuff and about fell out of my chair. As usual, this is one of those things where a person is really trying to entertain themself, and hopefully somebody else in the process. I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole thing, but I would say I was fairly amused, so I'm going for the win column. Sorry you didn't fare so well.
:D
-~

Maybe it's all that champagne I didn't drink last night but that paragraph has got to be one of the most confusing things I've read since walters disappeared. :D

Happy New Year!

• Members

:D-~

I'd decipher it, but I don't understand it either. :eek:

1. I think he saw it,

2. found it funny,

3. couldn't let the stupid thing go,

4. felt like sharing, (this could mean he didn't have anything worthwhile to post and felt like typing)

5. is not taking a positon on adobe,

6. was sorry that world peace didn't break out from his indecipherable prose,

7. and was amused (taking out innocent peoples sanity in the process).

Dig?

• Members

Fox-It PDF Reader rocks. ;)

Hey, Stranger, your track Ultrafied rocks, too. Hard.

(But the name tag in the WMA has a typo.)

The rap at the end is pretty funny. I think I worked alongside that guy back in the '70s. He rocked hard, too. heh

• Members

Fox It PDF reader will sometimes NOT print what is in the pdf document. A couple ofther pdf readers are the same.

I'll search out CUTE PDF Writer and give it a whirl.

For generating pdf docs I use Open Office or Star Office, depending on which computer and OS I'm on at the time.

• Members

Originally posted by blue2blue

Fox-It PDF Reader rocks.
;)

Hey, Stranger, your track
Ultrafied
rocks, too. Hard.

(But the name tag in the WMA has a typo.)

The rap at the end is pretty funny. I think I worked alongside that guy back in the '70s. He rocked hard, too. heh

:eek:

I'm trying to get my website all updated and good to go. I'll check out that typo. Thanks for the kudos, man!

As for the end, the more things change....:D

Archived