What

Rabid

• Members

Depends on what's left when they go 75% off ;). I'm always bound to find something I like, but lately I've been going with those inspirational business calendars. You typically get the one for the wall, a smaller version of that, and a pocket version. Works for me. Speaking of which, I'll check out what they have at the mall tonight.

Peace

• CMS Author

I used to go to Borders after Chirstmas and buy a few at 50% off, but that's been running $20 lately. I got a Fender Guitars one a few years ago, and one of my favorites, from 2005 (I saved it) was photos of outhouses. But that's just too much to spend for calendars.

So this year I watched the local Freecycle board and picked up (for free) an Insects of the World and two with photos of monuments and buildings around Washington.

Trouble is that these are all the smallish sized wall calendars, 8.5x11 inches (probably so they'll fit in a standard large mailing envelope) and those are a little hard for me to see across the room. The ones I pay the big bucks for are about 11x14 inches and they're much nicer. I found one that size (more pictures of buildings in Washington) today at the Dollar Store for $1.49 so I bought it.

Now if only I could find a Day Minder (pocket calendar) cheap. Office Depot sells those at full price all year. I could have paid $8.95 for a 2006 one in November. (I almost did, by mistake)

• Members

I started to buy a Thomas Kinkade calendar because of his use of purples in his paintings, but I noticed another artist that painted along the same vein for less than half the price. Rather than homes and flower gardens like Kinkade, the other artist (don't know his name right of the bat) painted sailboats and oceanscapes with the rich color schemes.

The wall calendar is not in an obvious location so no one really has access to viewing it other than me. For everyday easy access and convenience, I installed the Google calendar in my IE toolbar.

Archived