Future Music US Shutting Down

ZAZ

• Members

"consumer publication for computer-wielding musician nerds"

Ha! Nice line!

FMUS was okay, but it really seemed like it was lacking something I can't quite put my finger on. It seemed like a wanna be Remix (which doesn't always hit the spot, either, but at least I take them seriously). The best thing about it was the free plug-ins and some of the videos. Other than that, it was trying to find a niche in an already crowded market...that already had that niche covered. Oh, and why buy that when you can get FMUK, which is a whole lot better, for a few bucks more.

Peace

• Moderators

When they first launched I liked it. It was a bit more recording biased with mics and sources and rooms, but still with some of that New World Future Music thing going on then it just reverted to a FMUK lite. Sort of a lame version of Computer Musiciam or Music Tech. I subscribed but quickly regreted it. I'd read the thing in 15 minutes.

Mostly 101 type stuff...

Im always a little sad when a genuine music endenvour fails but they couldn't quite hit the mark.

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Knight

When they first launched I liked it. It was a bit more recording biased with mics and sources and rooms, but still with some of that New World Future Music thing going on then it just reverted to a FMUK lite. Sort of a lame version of Computer Musiciam or Music Tech. I subscribed but quickly regreted it. I'd read the thing in 15 minutes.

Mostly 101 type stuff...

Im always a little sad when a genuine music endenvour fails but they couldn't quite hit the mark.

I had the exact same experience. A few years earlier I subscribed to SOS UK version only to have them convert me to the new, thinner, cheaper US version after a couple of issues that new subscribers were getting for half the price. That left a bad taste in my mouth for $10 a month European magazines. :(

Robert

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Knight

When they first launched I liked it. It was a bit more recording biased with mics and sources and rooms, but still with some of that New World Future Music thing going on then it just reverted to a FMUK lite.

I thoroughly enjoyed Future Music back then. Was a lot of fun to read, good writing, interesting reviews.

Archived