Recommendation for a Pro Tools Book

Trick Fall

• Members

I've been using Pro Tools M-Powered for about a year and need to gain some more facility with the app. Unfortunately I hate the pdf manual. I need a book in my lap while I'm working so that when I stumble across something I can't do I can quickly find an answer. I've seen a bunch of different titles out there and was wondering if anyone had any faves.

Thanks

• Moderators

I've got a few. None have really taught me much. I'll probably buy another sometime in hopes of learning a new bit but I'm usually disapponted. The best way to learn PT, for me at least, it to have a specific task in mind, then research only that in the Reference guide. Work the different ways to do it, there's usually 10 different ways to anything in PT. Pick the one that works for you and move on.

Trying to run the the menus learning each function is insane. It's too much...

Have an objective

Learn it

Move to the next "need to know"

In reality the Reference Guide's all you need for that.

• Members

I've got a few. None have really taught me much. I'll probably buy another sometime in hopes of learning a new bit but I'm usually disapponted. The best way to learn PT, for me at least, it to have a specific task in mind, then research only that in the Reference guide. Work the different ways to do it, there's usually 10 different ways to anything in PT. Pick the one that works for you and move on.

Trying to run the the menus learning each function is insane. It's too much...

Have an objective

Learn it

Move to the next "need to know"

In reality the Reference Guide's all you need for that.

That's actually how I like to learn as well, but I need the book in my lap. PDF doesn't cut it for me and the reference guide that comes with M-Powered seems to be slightly off as if it is only for LE and TDM.

Thanks for the suggestions......

• Moderators

That's actually how I like to learn as well, but I need the book in my lap. PDF doesn't cut it for me and the reference guide that comes with M-Powered seems to be slightly off as if it is only for LE and TDM.

Thanks for the suggestions......

The Official Pro Tools 101 looks good for that. @ Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.

Archived