So what is Apple unleashing today? Any ideas?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know... this kinda disturbes me...

Apple Inc.

"The Mac, iPod, Apple TV and iPhone. Only one of those is a computer. So we're changing the name," said Jobs. "We're announcing today that we're dropping the 'Computer' from our name, and from this day forward we're going to be known as Apple Inc."

What's new from Apple?... a telephone.

I mean, I'd like to have one -really- but ... :bor:

• CMS Author
Originally posted by Geoff Grace

It must make use of Apple's iPhone's new patented Multitouch technology that allows simultaneous input from all of your fingers at once.

Next thing you know, they'll put a piano on that phone. Then you can just play in your music and upload it straight ot iTunes.

• Members

Originally posted by gearmike:

You going to NAMM this year? I'll be there Friday.

I'll be there if I can. I won't know if I can go on any given day until that day arrives. If I miss Winter NAMM this year, it'll be the first since 1997 (which was the first I had missed since 1987).

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Originally posted by Gus Lozada

I do not know... this kinda disturbes me...

Apple Inc.

"The Mac, iPod, Apple TV and iPhone. Only one of those is a computer. So we're changing the name," said Jobs. "We're announcing today that we're dropping the 'Computer' from our name, and from this day forward we're going to be known as Apple Inc."

I mean, I'd like to have one -really- but ... :bor:

Well, let's face it

• Members

Originally posted by Gus Lozada

no kidding... something that has been out for quite sometime now. how innovative... a phone and mp3 player... wonder if there is a camera [still and video] onboard as well.

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Flier

Yeah, I already have a Sony Walkman phone... a phone with an MP3 player built in as well as FM radio, a camera, yada yada...

ha!

but can it do this!?!

JanBirdman.jpg

BTW - No, I have no idea what I'm getting at either :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by alphajerk:

onboard as well.

That's kind of like saying, "Oh, I see Apple came out with a computer... something that has been out for quite sometime now. how innovative..."

iPhone has a lot going on: OS X, Apple applications like Safari, Mail, iTunes, and a touch screen that allows you to use all 10 of your fingers at once. It plays movies, TV shows, music, gives you weather reports and maps, it has a camera, and more. It's kind of like a tiny Apple laptop that doubles as a phone.

If you read about it and then dismiss it, then that's your right; but IMHO, iPhone is worth examination.

YMMV.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

excerpted

Originally posted by Geoff Grace

iPhone has a lot going on: OS X, Apple applications like Safari, Mail, iTunes, and a touch screen that allows you to use all 10 of your fingers at once. It plays movies, TV shows, music, gives you weather reports and maps, it has a camera, and more. It's kind of like a tiny Apple laptop that doubles as a phone.

If you read about it and then dismiss it, then that's your right; but IMHO, iPhone is worth examination.

The cell and wireless industry in the US has customer satisfaction/experience ratings in the US that are competitive with "computer tech support" and "cable TV subscriptions". That means that nearly 1/3 are highly dissatisfied with any number of aspects. (coverage, reliability, services, fees, billing, minimums and customer service). And some customers don't like their phones much either. The phonemakers have made most of their feature choices for adolescents. BlackBerry, arguably the phone for grownups, is a joyless scourge.

This ZDnet link has a very appealing summary of iPhone features that address some aspect of cell phone suckage.

Archived