I'm SO PROUD of everyone here because...

Anderton

• Members

hmmm, ken brings up a good point

should we feel good about kudos from a "tasteless individual" that just *had* to post abt that thing

Note :

to be honest, I didn't know abt that 'war' until yesterday...the wife sometims has to keep me...well I would say "hip", but

1) I don't theink this is "hip", maybe "current"

2) There is no and never will be a danger of ANYONE ever considering me hip

• Members

However, I was thinking of posting a poll with the following options so people could express how they felt about the whole thing:

1) I don't care.

2) I really don't care.

3) I couldn't care less.

4) I can't believe anyone cares.

5) What are you talking about?

• Members

I think I'd score #1-5....I know they are warring, and that's all I know.

See? EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMN you can't avoid knowing something about the situation!! I can't believe the "news" organizations are force-feeding us that non-news item as opposed to a zillion other topics worthy of discussion. :mad:

• Members

I typically try and keep up somewhat with current events. But for the last few months, I've been largely ignoring it. This is for a variety of reasons, including relieving stress and playing more music. But as you say, Craig, despite that, inane things like this still bust on through.

• Members

Actually I don't/didn't care about this childish nonsense at all, but the more it escalated the more I wanted to see them both beat the crap out of each other(physically) since I can't stand either one of them. That would put a nice finishing touch to this Rosie 'O "Donald" saga. :D:idea:

I'm a 1-4, with a large dose of

8. I think this makes them both look stoopid

tossed in... ;)

PS Unfotunately Craig, it is nearly impossible to avoid hearing about this on the "news". With everything of real importance happening in the world today, I can't believe they're wasting airtime on this... :rolleyes: But OTOH, I doubt they would if it didn't increase ratings, so "we" (IOW, the public at large) probably deserve some of the blame for the coverage oversaturation. :(

• Members

Makes you wonder why our so-called "news" programs don't use the airtime to report on... oh, say, the ongoing genocide in Darfur, or any of a number of goings-on that are somewhat more important than a childish squabble between two spoiled, rich celebri-brats.

Maybe it's because if they keep us fat, dumb and distracted by shiny objects, we won't question the status quo.

• Moderators

Makes you wonder why our so-called "news" programs don't use the airtime to report on... oh, say, the ongoing genocide in Darfur, or any of a number of goings-on that are somewhat more important than a childish squabble between two spoiled, rich celebri-brats.

Maybe it's because if they keep us fat, dumb and distracted by shiny objects, we won't question the status quo.

I didn't read any of this thread because the lastest "breaking news" is about Donald Trump's combover!!!

:wave:

Terry D.

P.S. By the way, the most interesting thing I learned from that article is that someone actually patented the combover. :freak:

• Members

See? EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMN you can't avoid knowing something about the situation!! I can't believe the "news" organizations are force-feeding us that non-news item as opposed to a zillion other topics worthy of discussion.
:mad:

I avoid clicking those links on CNN.com, and just catch the blurb in the printed paper.

I KNOW cnn tracks the click-throughs, and don't want to encourage them.

The headline is prety much the whole story.

Reading the blurb in the printed paper a day later keeps me "up to date" with the celebrigossip without making a count on the click through.

Archived