My TV broke...ARGH

echoshock

• Members

:cry: My 53" HD projection tv just shut off and won't come back on. The power light is just flashing. Its a Panasonic from 2002. hmm I bet its $150 for a repairman to just walk in the door.

Ok, fine I'll get a flat screen.

Or maybe just play more guitar?:thu:

• Members

If it's the projection bulb, many are user replaceable - don't know about yours.

The first time I got married, my parents gave us a Magnavox console color TV. It lasted just a few months then quit. This was late 1969, early 1970. We lived in a rural area that got about one and a half stations on good days. The one good station was CBS and the one thing we consistantly watched was Walter Cronkite.

When the set quit, we took it back to the dealer, where techs fixed it several weeks later. This was around a fifty mile trip each way, so I just watched the news at the Student Union or read the newspapers there. We had that set another few months when it shot craps again. We ended up giving it away. By then, I did have a Telecaster to help me while away the hours. I didn't own a TV for several years until my grandma died and ended up with a 19" set from her house. At least then we could get both CBS and PBS, until, of course the TV died again. I also had a number of house guests who stayed varying lengths of time, sometimes too long, sometimes not long enough.

When it came time to name our first band, in honor of my lack of luck with TV's and the number of pad crashers we entertained, I suggested the name, No-TV Motel, which is what it became. A couple of years ago, someone who had heard us in the mid-seventies emailed me from another music forum.

Echoshock, good luck with your Panasonic. I understand that the bulb is a common failure, kind of like tires, brakes and clutches (say what?) on cars. That's one brand I tend to trust a bit more than some others, but as Paul Simon wrote: "Everything put together sooner or later falls apart."

Archived