How do you log off of MySpace?

Phil O'Keefe

Seriously... I can't see any way to do so. It makes me log back in at least once per day, but since I just made a page for the studio, and I also have my own personal page, I'd like to be able to go back and forth between them at will... preferably without having to clear cookies each time. :freak:

Any idea how to do this? :confused:

Thanks!

• Moderators

Seriously... I can't see any way to do so. It makes me log back in at least once per day, but since I just made a page for the studio, and I also have my own personal page, I'd like to be able to go back and forth between them at will... preferably without having to clear cookies each time.
:freak:

Any idea how to do this?
:confused:

Thanks!

"SignOut" right at the top of your home page. :wave:

Terry D.

P.S. It's ABOVE the banner AD.

• Members

You simply can't,...

It's very annoying,every time I want to do something on my page I have to log in again.

You can't switch between several pages you have. If you have one personal one and one for the studio you have to log in each time,again and again.

• Members

My son has two MySpace sites and also a MySpace IM; I find them to be very invasive programs. There is a way to logoff of the sites because my son switches between the two; he's asleep right now or I would ask him. I think that Terry is correct in the mention of the "signout" located in the top left hand corner, IIRC. The IM's pop up at will whenever one of his friends sign on from anywhere; it's a notification prompt letting him know which of his friends are online. Then there's the IM's themselves that sound a ringtone whenever one of his friends send a message to him..... Grrrrrrrrrrr!

I'm still working tons of overtime right now, so I haven't had my Sonar in use lately. However, if I were actively recording; the MySpace would be out the window. To have MySpace installed while trying to record would be like placing a Grand Central Station TELEPHONE inside your studio during live recording.

• Members

There is a way to logoff of the sites because my son switches between the two; he's asleep right now or I would ask him. I think that Terry is correct in the mention of the "signout" located in the top left hand corner.

He's right,..you can signout but what Phil is looking for is a quick way to edit his two seperate accounts without having to logoff and on each time.

• Members

IE for the personal account and FireFox for the band account. (Or a version of Mozilla, which can live separately from FF, or Opera, Safari if you're on a Mac... Lynx, maybe? :D [That last is a joke.] )

But, seriously, since so many of us have two or more browsers installed anyhow, one thing you can do is use them for stuff like multiple logins.

Since I don't actually do that myself, I made account switching a little quicker by making my band and personal account passwords the same; additionally, there are only a few letters difference in the email addresses I set up for both of them (MySpace requires a unique email for each account).

IF MySpace wasn't one of the WORST PROGRAMMED major sites in the history of the web, no doubt someone there would have come up with the bright idea -- since artist accounts are completely separate beasts from personal accounts, managed separately with different privileges and features -- they COULD fairly easily have allowed "dual" membership, so you could stay logged in on both....

But... it IS one of the worst programmed major sites -- if not THE worst -- and it is chock-a-block with "features" that don't work, interfaces that don't work properly, and what has to be the world's WORST computer bulletin board... MySpace is truly a disgrace.

I don't necessarily blame the coders because I strongly suspect Fox/News Corp are as big a punks at being bosses as they are in the field of yellow journalism...

• Members

:eek: Geez, Blue, I just tried to post here while using my Mozilla Firefox and it prompted me to login. Instead of the hassle of digging up my pw, I pulled up my IE and I was good to go... :D :D :D Sounds like a plan...

However, I personally, am not an advocate of MySpace; not for it's functionality, but for it's lack of the ability to validate it's users. That's a topic for a different thread entirely though.

• Members

He's right,..you can signout but what Phil is looking for is a quick way to edit his two seperate accounts without having to logoff and on each time.

He should be able to edit both pages simultaneously since they were started under different accounts, which would be different logins.

Not quite. :) That would be great of course, but I was actually looking for any way to log out. Terry's post nailed it for me. Thanks Mr Knobs! :thu:

PS ABOVE the banner ad? Sheesh... :o:rolleyes:

• Members

You're not supposed to log out - just stay on the site forever (and ever...and ever) looking at giant, inappropriate, and cliche graphics, waiting for video links to load, "friending" a few teeny-boppers, reading and clicking banner ads, and then starting all over again. ;)

• Members

:eek:
Geez, Blue, I just tried to post here while using my Mozilla Firefox and it prompted me to login. Instead of the hassle of digging up my pw, I pulled up my IE and I was good to go...
:D
Sounds like a plan...

However, I personally, am not an advocate of MySpace; not for it's functionality, but for it's lack of the ability to validate it's users. That's a topic for a different thread entirely though.

You could set up an entire forum devoted to problems implicit in MySpace, it's UI, its lack of proper security safeguards, right on down to the positively SLEAZY come-on photos in the sub-Russian hooker dating services that seem to be the main revenue stream...

• Moderators

Not quite.
:)
That would be great of course, but I was actually looking for
any
way to log out. Terry's post nailed it for me. Thanks Mr Knobs!
:thu:

PS ABOVE the banner ad? Sheesh...
:o:rolleyes:

You're welcome! :wave:

Terry D.

P.S. So you ignore banner ads too...... :D

Archived