Found 20 light years away: the New Earth

• Members

Saw that. The planet is simular but the star it orbits is very different. That makes me wonder about atmosphere and seasons.

Like Ian Malcom said, life will find a way. There are things living at the bottom of the ocean in the complete absence of light that live on hydrogen sulfides.

• Members

Life here has been quite adaptable, so perhaps that trait is likely on other planets as well. Hopefully someday we'll know one way or the other.

Someone on another forum asked the question if we would give up our soul to satan to be the worlds greatest guitar player. I said no, but if satan had a space ship that traveled at warp 10 and I could go see what's actually out there, I might consider the swap. :)

• Members

Someone on another forum asked the question if we would give up our soul to satan to be the worlds greatest guitar player. I said no, but if satan had a space ship that traveled at warp 10 and I could go see what's actually out there, I might consider the swap.
:)

Me too. I think that as the technology continues to improve we will find that planetary systems are the rule rather than the exception. I'm going to have to dig out my David Brin books for another read.

• Members

Since there are literally Billions of Stars --- how many Billions of Planets are there? The Universe is so enormous that few of us can grasp the concept.

Certainly there are other civilizations.

And we live in are a rather young Galaxy, the Milky Way. Other Galaxies are much older than ours; millions of years, maybe. Time for many life forms to develop and flourish.

We may just be the New Kids on the Block.

• Members

Hi Ken,

That was a cool article and a fun thought! I showed it to some co-workers and they're about ready to pack...:D

I also appreciate the other thought that intelligent live in the universe may have already been discovered...assuming of course...

• Members

Glad you liked it! How are you doing? I emailed this to several friends. One of 'em replied and said that she was already looking for KOA campgrounds there! I replied, saying that if they have life more intelligent than ours, there's not gonna be any KOAs!! :D

• Members

Glad you liked it! How are you doing? I emailed this to several friends. One of 'em replied and said that she was already looking for KOA campgrounds there! I replied, saying that if they have life more intelligent than ours, there's not gonna be any KOAs!!
:D

Haha that's funny. I'm Ok, just didn't realize the amount of overtime that would be involved. Go figure, IT and overtime, who would've thought...:p

How's by you - any new project's? I need to mosey over to your web page and see. I'm going to get one going if I ever get back home, Rose is pretty involved singing backup in her R&B band...wonder if there is R&B on Gliese 581c...

:idea: hail Gliese-ians - can you get down with your bad selves - we come in peace & hotpants :wave:

Archived