Vintage Music ads. Great stuff!

• Members

Wow... those new "digital disks" look really cool and futuristic... with all those shiny colors... I can't wait! Do you suppose they'll sound good? Maybe I'll have to replace my vinyl FOGHAT collection?

Carl Wischmeyer invents the "loudspeaking electric guitar" in 1938... D'ya suppose he sat down and picked out "Stairway" ?

;):)

• Members

Wow... those new "digital disks" look really cool and futuristic... with all those shiny colors... I can't wait! Do you suppose they'll sound good? Maybe I'll have to replace my vinyl FOGHAT collection?

;):)

Ha! You joke, but just wait & see: someday, ALL music will be sold on those shiny, "laser" wonders!

Be sure to check out the "computers" category, too. There's a great ad on there for the "1952 elecom 110". The guy who maintains the page put in his $0.02 concerning this amazing machine:

"Not too shabby for $62K in 1952, this thing operates at .12Mhz has roughly 2K of memory and each tape holds around 360K.

Plus for all you case modders, it already comes with 200 glowing tubes. Try to beat that with your little LEDs."

• Members

Music visualizations....in 1924?! Check out this site:

Some bizarre, vintage music-related ads. Lots of other categories too.

Music visualization machines go back to the 18th century with the development of "color organs" -- although one system was described as early as the late 16th C. But they took off in the 1700s.

And, of course, the huge and elaborate roadshow/circus hurdy-gurdies of the 19th century typically had a lot of visual elements tied to the music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_organ

Archived