Ani and Tedster, okay in KC?

LiveMusic

• Members

I heard there was a loony shooting people in a mall. I thought of you guys. I trust that you and your families are okay? I mean, surely the odds are high against your being there... there have to be a million people there. I hope so.

• Members

Thanks for the concern LiveMusic. All is well with my family. My sister did call today to tell me that she had planned to visit the place at approximately the time the incident happened, but other issues came up that cancelled her plans. She said she had an angel looking over her shoulder. The location is across the city from where Ted and I are located.

• Members

All fine for me here, thanks, Duke.

Weird...that incident stemmed from some guy who apparently may have had a squabble with neighbors over house-care things. He was cited for failure to appear on city code violation things. The guy may have killed his next door neighbor (an elderly lady) and stolen her car. Some relatives came by later and saw the lady lying on the floor and called police. A cop pulled the guy over driving the deceased lady's stolen car. The guy shot the cop in the arm and drove to Ward Parkway Center mall.

That's a long way from where I live. Ward Parkway is the "Beverly Hills" of Kansas City. There are huge mansions on Ward Parkway. People like the Hall family (they own a little business called Hallmark Cards) live there.

Apparently Ward Parkway Center Mall is where the guy opened fire and killed two people in the parking lot. He went into the mall and injured a few people there before being shot to death by mall security.

Archived