Help needed for Behringer Eurodesk SL2442FX-Pro

• Members

Hi everyone..

Im in a little trouble here whereby i need some help. I cant seem to be able to hear my playback during recording from my PC but instead im just hearing what is going on in the studio due to the direct input to the mixer. How do go about for monitoring purposes during recording i would want to listen what is been recorded into my PC instead of what is coming into the mixer before the PC. There isnt any patchbay involve. Its just directly plugged into the PC. Thanks.

• CMS Author

I cant seem to be able to hear my playback during recording from my PC but instead im just hearing what is going on in the studio due to the direct input to the mixer. How do go about for monitoring purposes during recording

There's more involved with this than just plugging it in, but that's where you start. You need to connect an output from the computer to an input on the mixer, and then MIX the computer's output with the direct sources.

If you have a sound card with just a single stereo output, you'll need to create a mix in the DAW program in your computer and that's what you'll send back to the console. If you have a sound card with multiple outputs, you could bring those back into the mixer (like a multitrack recorder) and mix them on the mixer as if they were other inputs.

I'm sure the manual for your mixer has some examples of computer recording setups. Check there first.

Archived