Latest issue of EQ...

• Members

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up on the latest issue of EQ. IMO, the magazine had been on a downward spiral over the last few years, but it's certainly moving in the right direction now. Lots of great info/articles in this one. :thu:

• Members

That's great to hear! We've really been working our butts off on it, and slowly but surely, the word is getting out about the "new, improved EQ."

Please help spread the word, there's very little marketing of the magazine so word of mouth is crucial.

Oh, one other thing: If there were a few articles you particularly liked, let me know so we know to do more like them :)

Thanks again!!

• Members

The Klaus Heynes article was great (I'm all ears when Klaus has something to say about mics), the unusual/strange mic techniques was very cool, and the misc collection of electronic noise gadgets/toys was awesome. I haven't even finished the mag yet, so there's probably even more good stuff. :love:

• Members

I agree- great issue this last time (the one before was good too, though). I always leave it laying around the studio and sometimes even use the articles to buttress something that I'm trying to explain to a client.

The Phil Ramone interview was priceless...

• Members

The Klaus Heynes article was great (I'm all ears when Klaus has something to say about mics), the unusual/strange mic techniques was very cool, and the misc collection of electronic noise gadgets/toys was awesome. I haven't even finished the mag yet, so there's probably even more good stuff.
:love:

I haven't got mine yet but they apparently used my "strange and unusual" mic post from SSS. Funny but it wasn't my technique! Although I did give credit to the un-named engineer that I got it from. Another funny thing, I didn't remember but they do pay per word and I thought I remembered $5.00 a word!! It was .25 cents!! I was thinkin I made like $1000.00! Not.

• Members

Another funny thing, I didn't remember but they do pay per word and I thought I remembered $5.00 a word!! It was 25 cents!!

If you find a magazine that pays $5.00 per word, let me know as soon as possible and I'll write for them!! I don't think any magazine pays anywhere hear that much. 25 cents per word is around average, or actuallly maybe a little bit above average, for music magazines.

• Members

If you find a magazine that pays $5.00 per word, let me know as soon as possible and I'll write for them!! I don't think
any
magazine pays anywhere hear that much. 25 cents per word is around average, or actuallly maybe a little bit above average, for music magazines.

I hope I didn't come across as disappointed, Even if it was used for free i'm just glad to share a cool experience!

• Members

I figure it was just a little quote, so it didn't matter....but at any rate, I was quoted in the latest EQ as well (although it was perhaps the least favorite of the "strange and unusual" mic suggestions, seeing as it wasn't really strange or unusual...just cool).

• Moderators

Yeah! What a cool thing to see me and others here were quoted. My 70 year old mom was stoked! I agree that EQ has absolutely taken a major turn in the right direction. It's fun, but not at the expense of solid info. I love it and literaly read every word, usually the day it comes in the mail....

• Members

Hey Craig,

I have no problem telling you what I think as you know and I just think since you took over EQ is getting back all it lost. I`m just relieved and very satisfied you are in charge. Just follow your instinct! You know what musicians need because you are one first and foremost and you are also in the trenches with us everyday. Peace.

EB

• Members

Hello, yes I'll chime in and say that the latest EQ was very very good.

The Klaus article was cool, always wondered about him. Still trying to get my head around the bending business. I liked Phil's take on stereo. Some stuff I actually knew, but hadn't really thought about enough. Great inspiration for experimentation. I also knew a bunch about the getting drum samples to sound like the real thing, but again, some new bits and more things to get me off my lazy backside and try some things. I've really been wanting to sequence drums and actually record cymbals. My experiments with that so far have been pretty cool, especially hi hat. It's really cool to do swells while gradually opening the guys up.

Anyway, great job Craig, big thumbs up!

• Members

That article about odd devices made me think of this guy. On stage, he plays harmonica and guitar at the same time using the upholstery tool from a Shop Vac to hold his harp in one end and a Shaker mic in the other. It gets that blues honk sound on the harp.

Archived