Alesis - Chapter 7: Internet urban legend

• Members

My company was for a while Alesis dealer and today I got a mail.

Case: LA01-23134-BB, Hearing on 5/23/07. Chapter 7.

Almost all the cash on hand should go to creditor's attorneys and counsels for debtor (Alesis).

Are they alive, does anybody know? Will they survive this?

• Members

Too bad. They've made a lot of good products and always had a lot of bright ideas. My ADATs came in real handy in their era and then provided AD and DA for my first DAW setup. I have A Quadraverb2, too. And a DM5 drum module.

Chapter 7... that's the bad one, innit?

Liquidation.

• Members

I heard this too and since I have a HD24xr on order I called my music store guy to ask him about it and he told me that this was the closing of the litigation of the old Alesis company and not the new one which was bought by another company. If anybody know different please share.:confused:

• Members

I heard this too and since I have a HD24xr on order I called my music store guy to ask him about it and he told me that this was the closing of the litigation of the old Alesis company and not the new one which was bought by another company. If anybody know different please share.
:confused:

Case: LA01-23134-BB, Hearing on 5/23/07. Chapter 7.

The "01" is perhaps 2001. This would be 6 years out from the filing which fits a timeline from the previous bankruptcy code, so that sounds plausible.

http://www.prosoundweb.com/industrybiz/biz_news/5_01_biz_news/alesis.shtml

Last Friday, May 11, Judge Bluebond approved the petition, allowing Alesis to go on the auction block May 23, 2001 in United States Bankruptcy Court, Courtroom 1475, 255 East Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90012.

• Members

WOW

Yesterday I recieved an Alesis Fireport I'd just bought for transfering

HD24 songs into Pro Tools high speed with Firewire !!!!

I'm glad I bought it when I did.

Sad news indeed, Alesis sure has a place in our world.

Russ

Nashville

• Members

Craig, it's great that company is not affected by this hearing.

In letter it says: Notice of filing of trustee's final report and hearing on application for approval of professional fees and expenses.

But again, I'm glad that it's just an old problems resolving. It is a great company.

• Members

Yay! Sounds actually just like the final legal clearing of a process that began back in 2001, which actually may be a very good thing for the current company, giving it more clarity and flexibility to do things.

It might even be the case that there are certain production or inventory things they had to hold up or delay for legal reasons recently, until proceedings were completed, and that we'll see positive changes in terms of inventory, parts, availability once this is all finalized (end of this month).

So, bring those Andromedas on!!! I hear they've been manufacturing on average about 20 a month, which is pretty good for a synth released six years ago. There's still nothing else out there anything like it.

Alesis should celebrate by creating the "Andromeda Wood End Cheeks" edition. :thu:

• Members

Turns out this is absolutely not true. I also did a little digging, and it seems that Alesis is not only doing okay, but is doing very, very well. So set your minds at ease!

Thats great news!

I bought an io26 a few months back and it would suck if I couldn't get new drivers/firmware for it.

• Members

Folks, this is just the tail end of the bankruptcy proceeding from 2001. The last of the creditors have been paid off and this notice (from what I remember -- I threw mine out) is notification to all concerned parties that specific attorney's fees will be paid out and if anyone objects, show up to this courtroom on this date, blah, blah, blah. No need to panic.

Archived