OT - Change the program to view downloaded JPEG

• Members

I can't figure this out. When I get a jpeg in an email, I click on the file and it defaults to opening it with Gimp, a free photo editor. I don't want to do this because it takes way too long to open Gimp. How can I change it back to whatever it is by default? I just want it to allow me to view the file.

I tried to find it in Firefox and thought I did with "Manage files" (and clicking on JPEG) but it is now set to "default." But no, it opens Gimp.

WinXP, Firefox 2.0.0.3 browser, yahoo email.

• Members

OK... this is all I know -- there's an option in the Yahoo Mail settings (assuming we're using the same version; I think I "migrated" to their new mail a while back): Block HTML graphics in email messages from being downloaded?

Why would I want to prevent HTML graphics from being downloaded?
Emails can contain offensive images or can contain invisible images that tell the sender that you have opened that email (and thus verify that your email address is active). To prevent spammers from subjecting you to these images, you may wish to prevent all images from loading until you are satisfied that they are safe to view. This is one of the many ways Yahoo! Mail protects you from spam.

By enabling the option to "Block HTML graphics in email messages from being downloaded," all remotely stored images will be replaced with this image
spc_eee1.gif
. To view the message with the original images, click the "Show HTML Graphics" link at the bottom of the message.

Why do I still see images in Yahoo! Mail?

Images that are sent as attachments will be shown in the attachments area, even with this option turned on. Also note that this option will not prevent images outside of the email messages from loading. Navigational, informational, and advertising images will still be loaded.

• Members

In Windows file manager/Explorer:

Tools - Folder Options - File types - (select JPG) - Changed or Advanced (to select program to open file with)

Also, No Action (None) can be selected.

Archived