New website is up but I need some help with the menu.

boosh

• Members

Okay now,....

I made this new website but totally forgot how to make the page scroll to the right place after you hit a link in the menu,....

Can someone please give me an html hint?

Here's the site : http://www.bushcollectors.com

So when someone hits mixing in the menu the idea is that the page scrolls to the MIXING text.

Booshy

• Members

Finally, a question I can answer unequivocally and without getting in trouble with anyone (I'm thinking now). Here's an example lifted more or less from one of my pages:

Click here to see the screenshot

....blah blah blah...

This is a screenshot.

That's for a named anchor on the same page. If you need to link to a named anchor on another page, just use the page's URL in front of the # mark:
link text

Seems like I recall you don't have to close the tag that names the anchor in straight HTML but I'm trying to do everything XHTML compatible. I suspect you could self-close the named anchor tag -- but I haven't tested that.

UPDATE: looks like you beat me to it, after all.

• Members

That can be arranged Sir ,

We have our city's own kind, the recipe dates back hundreds of years ago,..

Best sausages you ever had.

Uncompressed and plenty of headroom.

If you're going to be serving Heinekin, I'd suggest that you add a couple of good sausages.

• Members

Another nit.

The menu should, IMO, stay on the visible page. When you hit the anchor link and get directed there you have to scroll up to see the menu. A person could just as well just scroll down the page. I would imagine frames would work for that.

Looks good on this laptop but is too large for 1024X768 resolution so I need to side scroll just a hair. I'll check on the 21" monitor later and see how it looks there. I think I have the resolution set at 1280Xsomething or another.

• Members

Another nit.

The menu should, IMO, stay on the visible page. When you hit the anchor link and get directed there you have to scroll up to see the menu. A person could just as well just scroll down the page. I would imagine frames would work for that.

Looks good on this laptop but is too large for 1024X768 resolution so I need to side scroll just a hair. I'll check on the 21" monitor later and see how it looks there. I think I have the resolution set at 1280Xsomething or another.

Hiya Dak ,

There's a back to top link under each paragraph which takes you back up to the menu...

The whole thing is going to be revised a bit in a while and maybe I'll use frames.

Booshy

• Members

Hiya Dak ,

There's a back to top link under each paragraph which takes you back up to the menu...

The whole thing is going to be revised a bit in a while and maybe I'll use frames.

Booshy

DOH! How'd I miss that?

:wave: How ya?

• Members

I think I'd rather see the menu stick, too. You could split that page perfect (without frame borders/spacing) and it would look exactly the same, but the menu half of the page would stick, while the rest of the page scrolls.

And I would try a different font. That one is close, but it needs a bit more style.

Just a tad. Palantino is one of my favs and I was thrilled to see it pop up on the forum! Tahoma and Verdana would be cool, too. I'm wondering if Verdana is what you're using.

• Members

Okay now,....

I made this new website but totally forgot how to make the page scroll to the right place after you hit a link in the menu,....

Can someone please give me an html hint?

Here's the site :

So when someone hits mixing in the menu the idea is that the page scrolls to the MIXING text.

Booshy

You could do the frame thing with the appropriate target tags and do what you suggest, plus have the menu stay put like Daklander said.

You can find everything you need to know about web code here. I have used this site a lot and it's very helpful and comes straight from the people who set the standards.

http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

• Members

If I find the time this weekend I'll look into it. I haven't done this in many years.

I might even built a flash page for it and use another COOL font.

Thanks for the info Stranger!

Archived