Melinda Doolittle Just Plain Rocks!

• Members

Forget the rest of American Idol. I think that Melinda Doolittle deserves her own thread. Is anyone else here with me on this?

IMHO, not only is she the best of the current season of American Idol contestants, she's better than anyone I've ever seen on that show in any season!

Did you see her Tina Turner number tonight? She nailed it!

Win or lose, she's got a great career ahead! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

• Members

On March 20th, I posted the following:

"Okay, who's going to get voted off the island tomorrow?

"Phil the bald dude, who just plain isn't very exciting? Sanjaya, who would be a Michael Jackson clone if only he could sing, dance, or write songs? Chris the Justin Timberlake reflection, who's okay but not compelling? Haley the 'I hope you'll be distracted enough by my cuteness so you don't notice I can't really sing'? Or Gina, who seems to be trying out for the lead singer slot in Evanescence in case their singer decides to go solo?

"This is amusing!

"I still think they could save us all a lot of time by pronouncing Melinda Doolittle the winner, then let everyone sing whatever they wanted for the next few weeks to amuse the public. I think the fact that she went on last this week and the week before last (I didn't see last week's show) shows compassion for the other singers, who don't have to follow her act.

"Aside from that, I still like Blake the Vertical Hair Dude. It's not that he's such a great singer, but he's put together an entertaining package. And the big surprise this week was Jordin Sparks, who actually used nuance in a song and sang the hell out of it."

Prophecy...or am I the next Simon Cowell? You decide!

• Members

Did you see her Tina Turner number tonight? She
nailed
it!

Come on Geoff, some of us live in different time zone, I was hoping to catch her performance by surprise. We have to take into consideration other people who lives in different/other time zones before posting anything regarding performances or vote results.

Just messing withcha! Rock on :D

Audioicon

• Members

On March 20th, I posted the following:

"Okay, who's going to get voted off the island tomorrow?

"Phil the bald dude, who just plain isn't very exciting? Sanjaya, who would be a Michael Jackson clone if only he could sing, dance, or write songs? Chris the Justin Timberlake reflection, who's okay but not compelling? Haley the 'I hope you'll be distracted enough by my cuteness so you don't notice I can't really sing'? Or Gina, who seems to be trying out for the lead singer slot in Evanescence in case their singer decides to go solo?

"This is amusing!

"I still think they could save us all a lot of time by pronouncing Melinda Doolittle the winner, then let everyone sing whatever they wanted for the next few weeks to amuse the public. I think the fact that she went on last this week and the week before last (I didn't see last week's show) shows compassion for the other singers, who don't have to follow her act.

"Aside from that, I still like Blake the Vertical Hair Dude. It's not that he's such a great singer, but he's put together an entertaining package. And the big surprise this week was Jordin Sparks, who actually used nuance in a song and sang the hell out of it."

Prophecy...or am I the next Simon Cowell? You decide!

No doubt -- you nailed it, Craig. :cool:

But I think you're selling yourself short by comparing yourself to Simon Cowell. If you were a judge, you'd offer contestants practical advice on how to improve. You'd also be able to tell singers whether they were sharp or flat rather than settling for the easy term, "pitchy," and whether they were ahead or behind of the beat instead of just saying they were "off with the drums." ;)

Best,

Geoff

• Members

I'm surprised too, with one exception: Melinda is a fine singer, but hasn't done something I haven't heard before. Blake hasn't done anything I haven't heard before either, but at least I've heard it less...and I bet a lot of the US hasn't heard his kind of thing at all. As to Jordin...she has grown the most during the process, and I think she's kind of a sentimental favorite.

But if I was going to hire any of them to sing on a session, my first choice would be Melinda, my second choice would be Melinda, and my third choice would be Melinda.

Archived