Learned something from Sound Forge 9 review

Racy

• Members

Hi Craig!

You mention something in passing about holding down the control key when hitting play as an aid during editing.

Now, that's cool.

Is there a complete list of shortcuts and their explanations? (I didn't see that one in my SF8 keyboard commands pamphlet, and wonder what other good stuff I am missing.)

Many thanks!

• Members

That was in the May issue of EQ magazine. We got an exclusive on that, as well as on Steinberg's Sequel software. Racy, I'm glad you enjoyed the review, and although I'm away from my music computer at the moment, I seem to recall there is a list in the online help...I'll check it out for ya.

• Members

Hi Craig!

You mention something in passing about holding down the control key when hitting play as an aid during editing.

Now, that's cool.

Is there a complete list of shortcuts and their explanations? (I didn't see that one in my SF8 keyboard commands pamphlet, and wonder what other good stuff I am missing.)

Many thanks!

Just go Help > Keyboard Shortcuts, and there you are :)

Incidentally, Ctrl+Play (or space bar) is the "old school" key equivalent that SF has used for years. The keyboard shortcuts for SF9 give it as Ctril+K, which works the same way.

Another fun one is J (scrub in reverse), K (stop scrubbing), and L (scrub forward).

One I use all the time is up arrow = zoom in, down arrow = zoom out.

I suggest printing out the list, it's a long one!

• Members

Control plus SPACEBAR. Ah, headsmack, I was looking for the word "play"

Got it. Once again you save the day.

Off topic:

I just gave my 16 year old nephew my old Teac 3340, a box of tapes, and my old, dog ear'd copy of your book.

Seeing the kid's eyes light up made my day.

Archived