Why I love this Forum!

• Members

Your questions are always answered, people don't assumed you are stupid just because you asked the difference between Mono and Stereo.

Many other forums will are too stuck up, they do the "Posse" thing.

I just read a question in here about "Audio interface for professional sound" and everyone is chipping in to help the guy. That's a real musician attitude!

Keep it up guys! :thu:

AI

• Members

Your questions are always answered, people don't assumed you are stupid just because you asked the difference between Mono and Stereo.

Many other forums will are too stuck up, they do the "Posse" thing.

I just read a question in here about "Audio interface for professional sound" and everyone is chipping in to help the guy. That's a real musician attitude!

Keep it up guys!
:thu:

AI

Good point. I've noticed on other forums that people are sometimes quick to respond with things like "RTFM noob" and "this has been covered, use the search function before starting a new thread, NOOB!", etc...

• Members

Good point. I've noticed on other forums that people are sometimes quick to respond with things like "RTFM noob" and "this has been covered, use the search function before starting a new thread, NOOB!", etc...

Honestly I was just touched by the responds to that thread about audio

interface/Sound card for professional recording/sound.

People are very helpful around here.

AI

• Members

Craig is a great influence on the tone here. What else would you expect at SSS?

I think that says a lot. I've been participating in audio/recording forums since the old dial-up BB days (Compuserve, etc) and this is one of the friendliest, most collegial, least uptight/competitive forums around.

• Members

For those interested in cool forums, I must say that the Cakewalk Sonar forum is excellent...lots of good people and helpful advice, and the moderation has a very light (almost non-existent) touch, although quite a few Cakewalk people show up to answer questions. It's a really excellent example of what a manufacturer-sponsored forum should be.

• Members

Even though some of us are not as actively participating in threads lately; the SSS has the lure of a warm and sunny beach in the dead of winter. You may not always be able to get there every time you want to go; but you KNOW you'll be going when time permits.

Craig has a beach song that I really liked.... I don't remember the name of it, but I thought it was a pretty cool tune and the lyrics were really catchy.

• Members

Well, this forum is different. People know each other here. Some of the forumites go back ten years or more. People aren't out to prove anything around here.

We're drawn here by a common interest, but that's only the starting point.

I've been hanging out on the SSS since....gosh, maybe 2000? It's not the music that keeps me coming back, I come back because the people here real and genuinely interesting to read and to talk with. The music has become an added bonus for me. If I stopped playing entirely I'd still come here.

• Members

Craig has a beach song that I really liked.... I don't remember the name of it, but I thought it was a pretty cool tune and the lyrics were really catchy.

I'm guessing either "The Miami Beat" or "Fly There With Me"...both on my never-updated-but-soon-to-be web site :)

• Members

I'm guessing either "The Miami Beat" or "Fly There With Me"...both on my never-updated-but-soon-to-be web site
:)

I'll revisit the site to listen to both, but IIRC it's The Miami Beat.... :thu:

• Members

Bummer!!! :cry:

Craig,

Just tried to access the songs on your site and got an error message...

Weed is next to being defunct.... here is the message displayed once I clicked the link from windows media...

Weedshare has suspended operations

Unfortunately, due to compatibility problems with recently released media players, the Weedshare service is no longer available.

You can still play Weed files you have bought, but it is not possible to preview or buy new Weed files. We recommend that you save Weed files you

• Members

Well, this forum is different. People know each other here. Some of the forumites go back ten years or more. People aren't out to prove anything around here.

We're drawn here by a common interest, but that's only the starting point.

I've been hanging out on the SSS since....gosh, maybe 2000? It's not the music that keeps me coming back, I come back because the people here real and genuinely interesting to read and to talk with. The music has become an added bonus for me. If I stopped playing entirely I'd still come here.

Yeah, SSS began on AOL (in 1995?); but it really didn't develop its current character until it migrated to the MusicPlayer site and 9/11 happened. At that point, we started realizing how much we cared about each other; and we began to discuss more than just music.

Other forums are more consistently on topic, but this one has a good mix of music and other subjects of interest -- kind of like the conversations you have with bandmates on breaks at a gig.

SSS and The Keyboard Corner are my homes on the web. :cool:

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Yeah, SSS began on AOL (in 1995?); but it really didn't develop its current character until it migrated to the MusicPlayer site and 9/11 happened. At that point, we started realizing how much we cared about each other; and we began to discuss more than just music.

Other forums are more consistently on topic, but this one has a good mix of music and other subjects of interest -- kind of like the conversations you have with bandmates on breaks at a gig.

SSS and
The Keyboard Corner
are my homes on the web.
:cool:

Best,

Geoff

I agree that 9/11 had an effect on the nature of the SSS to a degree. However, I thought that it had already gained a more personal and popular appeal prior to the disaster though. There was a definite change when migrating from AOL to MPN. There was an absolute arrogance among some of the members over on AOL and they did not hesitate to degrade some with lesser accomplishments. Let's not even get into a discussion about how NOOB's were received while at AOL.... :eek: It was a PROFESSIONAL "EXPERT" FORUM and very much adhered itself to that model. One member that was terrible with attitude on the AOL forums, I called it ASSitude, didn't survive the migration to MPN very long so it made me take a deeper look at getting interactive with other members after the move. While over at AOL, sparring with the cat almost got both of us banned and I had somewhat backed away from posting. The threat of banning came from the moderator named Kris in one of the other AOL music forums and not Craig.

I posted under the name of Willow on the AOL forums and at first signed up with the new MPN under the name of Willow. Eventually, I dropped the name of Willow and went to AniFa and then dropped it down to Ani when a lot of folks would write Ani for the cropped version of AniFa.

• Members

I don't remember AOL having a bad attitude....I remember really liking the forum because it didn't have attitude. Weird. Maybe I don't remember, or maybe I simply didn't see those threads? I have been posting on SSS since 1995 (was ElevenShad on AOL). But it's definitely more personal now, and I like it that way.

SSS did change a lot after 9/11. Most people were so much in shock over what happened (even if one "expected" that sooner or later, the WTC towers would get hit since attempts had been made before), and SSS provided a good forum to discuss everything and kinda work it out in our heads.

Archived