Crowded House's new record

• Moderators

I shouldn't have this... it's not out yet. But when someone hands it to you and says, "I know you like them." Do I not listen? Do I toss it and say, "It's not out yet!" So I have it, complete with Sharpie graphics. I've been listening for a week everyday in my car.

I said this with regards to the Finn Bros. album last year and it hold true this time as well. Every time I get a new Neil EndsTim Crowded Split House album I think... "Here we go again. Nice melodies about the earth and mud and the human heart and mind the gods of thunder and pain with subdued playing featuring Neil's great voice and those suspended harmonic oddities that are strangely beautiful and God haven't we heard this before."

But I want to hear it again. So I do. And I do. And I do. It is not what you're expecting for a Crowded House album. There are no rock numbers per se. It is on the meloncholy side. Nick Seymore's middy and control picked bass is now a warm, fat, and tubey low end cushy thing. There are no small room ambience's for the snare to crack around in...

But it is beautiful.

Nobody wants to

Talk about it

Nobody wants to

Think about it

Nobody... protects you

• Members

I'M still diggin the last finn bros album.

I'll have to check this one out.

Their stuff tends not to hit you over the head. Its a bit subtle.

It tends to get better the more you listen.

I believe he mixes on a Neve desk in his personal studio- it sounds like it too.

TX for the heads-up.

Archived