Any info on the new POD X3?

• Members

November 15, 2007 - Line 6 Pod X3 released

November 17, 2007 - First Line 6 forum erupts with outrage. A few irate owners complain that the Rectifier model sucks

April 3, 2008 - Line 6 release version 5.05 firmware update adding 83 new amp models, 217 new effects, a TV remote control and a microwave oven along with a new Rectifer model.

April 4, 2008 - Forum erupts in outrage over the new Rectifier model. A few irate owners retrofit the ver. 1.00 firmware with the older, better Recto model.

• Members

Two discrete inputs (mic and gtr, 2 gtr, etc).

Gtr amp, Bass amp. stompbox, and mic pre models.

Integrated limiter that automatically dials 911 when output exceeds 120db.

2 Fans (one internal cooling fan, one rabid metalhead that tells you that your tone "rocks, dude").

42 plectrum models including "Turtle", "Bumper" models in all thicknesses.

25 string models including "Super Silky", "GHB", and "D'amnation" strings.

Bypass button now relabeled "Quick! Lee Flier's coming downstairs!"

32 models of Line6 modelers, including Pods and Tonecore Pedals. I've heard that these models don't sound nearly as good as the original modelers.

:)

• Members

"I've always wondered - if you dial in a Marshall model and play it through the rig which is modelled do you end up with Jim Marshall's ears?"

No...but you do end up in a parallel universe and remain trapped there until the doppleganger :eek: of Lawrence Welk transports you back in his pink Cadillac.

Being a Limey I had to look up Lawrence Welk on wiki. I am not sure I will ever forgive you for that Lucky #9
:mad:

:D

My wife actually sang in concert with Lawrence Welk, and appeared on the TV show - he even offered her a regular spot, but she turned it down in favor of a contract with RCA. She was all of 17 at the time, and the idea of a record contract was more appealing to her. I can't imagine why... :D

True story.

I'd LOVE to track down a copy of that show somehow... :D

• Members

I'm a big fan of the POD, (especially because of the Variax) so I will be waiting eagerly for it.

Unlike a lot of people out there, I like most of the Line6 products. They always seem to make stuff I want.

I have to say that I have been very impressed with their product support. I picked up my XT when they first came out. Their firmware upgrades corrected many of the popular complaints and always seemed to throw in a few truly valuable freebies.

Of course, what good is a Satch Boogie patch if it can't make me play like Joe Satriani. Upgrade THAT, Line 6, then I'll buy your steeniking X3.

• Members

Wonder if us XT Live users will be able to get another firmware update for more functionality? I have to say with all that I have in mine, after a couple months of tinkering I have about 12 patches that I use constantly. Every once in a while I I tweak them a bit more when my ears are clean, but I'm sure the next update will leave us horny. Do I really want to do all that again, over?

If that is a pick of the XT Live V3 it does look mean! :)

Cool.

Later

• Members

If that is a pick of the XT Live V3 it does look mean!
:)
Cool.

Later

Hi,

That's the all new POD X3 Live. It has nothing in common at all with the present POD line of products. Thus I very much doubt that there will be another update of the XT Live.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

Hi,

That's the all new POD X3 Live. It has nothing in common at all with the present POD line of products. Thus I very much doubt that there will be another update of the XT Live.

Cheers,

Mats N

Actually it does. In fact there is no difference

That is just the vetta 2 amps once scheme and some of the features of the Toneport

The models and effects are exactly the same as the XT. In fact many of us have every single feature and amp model already.

• Members

Actually it does. In fact there is no difference

That is just the vetta 2 amps once scheme and some of the features of the Toneport

The models and effects are exactly the same as the XT. In fact many of us have every single feature and amp model already.

Hi,

You may very well be right but my source told me that the X3 has two processors and while the set up looks like the Vetta the stuff in it is different. Exactly how he didn't tell.

You may well be absolutely right but then I will be totally uninterested in buying the X3 as I want better dynamics than what is found in Line 6's present offerings.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

Hi,

You may very well be right but my source told me that the X3 has two processors and while the set up looks like the Vetta the stuff in it is different. Exactly how he didn't tell.

You may well be absolutely right but then I will be totally uninterested in buying the X3 as I want better dynamics than what is found in Line 6's present offerings.

Cheers,

Mats N

AFAIH there's a "vocal channel" in it as well as a channel with a few rudimentary bass guitar/amp models. Other than that it's more or less two XTs with all the model packs run in parallel.

Look on the bright side: even now, with rumors of the X-3 flying, you can't give away XTs on eBay anymore. Might as well snag a bean for super-cheap and slave it to get the same "two-amps-at-once" effect of the X-3...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived