L. Ron Hubbard - The Musicmaker

awfulcase

• Members

PS... it IS, however, deeply disturbing to see Chick Corea's name in the midst of singing "talent" like Frank Stallone, Karen Black, and the great tenor, John Travolta. Sigh...

Oh yeah, Chick is always crediting Hubbard on this albums.

Personally, I can't afford their religion.

• Members

So you`re saying, they wouldn`t want to record a Christian artist there? or the new Slayer record?!

After listening to the music, I don't think you have worry about Slayer going near that place. As far as christian artists, they wouldn't record there unless they were using the session as a tool to evangelize to the Scientologists.

It was interesting to see a studio of such audio perfection, and then to hear all of the music being done via MIDI.

"IT HAPPENS THAT A SONG

IS FAR MORE POWERFUL

THAN ANY BLASTER

EVER INVENTED." Hubbard

I feel the same way about lightsabers.

• Members

Man, he's got quite the 'tower of power' speaker columns there!

Can anyone tell me, are they real studio monitors, or is it a PA line array setup? Just curious - - it's hard to imagine that many speakers, of the same size, spread vertically, would provide good imaging or frequency characteristics....

But, I suppose, with no wavelenghths to worry about, imaging cannot possibly matter, right?:thu:

• Members

Wotta crackup... bringing the same deep thinking to sound that he brought to "scientific religion":

None of that figurative perfection for L. Ron's pie-eyed true believers. Real, literal, absolute
perfection

It'll never get any better -- particularly since the first and ONLY person to ever discern the true nature of sound is dead... or floating on an astral yacht or whatever.

Too freakin' funny.

PS... it IS, however, deeply disturbing to see Chick Corea's name in the midst of singing "talent" like Frank Stallone, Karen Black, and the great tenor, John Travolta. Sigh...

I can't wait to see the "L. Ron Hubbard The Synthesist" page - wonder if he designed his own 8-voice polyphonic analog synth (with built-in E-meter). But where you'd expect to see Sawtooth, Square or Triangle waves, you'd see "Vibrations." LOL

Oh, and check this out...LRH was a sampling pioneer...playing 13-note octaves!

http://www.ronthemusicmaker.org/music/be.htm

• Members

Man, he's got quite the 'tower of power' speaker columns there!

Can anyone tell me, are they real studio monitors, or is it a PA line array setup? Just curious - - it's hard to imagine that many speakers, of the same size, spread vertically, would provide good imaging or frequency characteristics....

But, I suppose, with no wavelenghths to worry about, imaging cannot possibly matter, right?
:thu:

Those speakers look like the Genesis 1.1s. I remember seeing similar type array speakers at Sony's mastering studio in NYC. So L. Ron was not the only one.

prd_1p1Large.jpg

• Members

And, although I despise Scientology, and HATED the movie, I still think Battlefield Earth is one of the best Sci Fi books I have ever read. That book is IMPOSSIBLE to make a good movie out of, it is too vast in scope.

Many people forget that L Ron Hubbard TOLD people that the only way to live forever was to have your own religion...and that is exactly what he did...I personally think he MADE it ridiculous to laugh at the followers from beyond the grave.

• Members

I'm trying to think of the guy who used to hang out back at Music Player -really nice guy. by the way- who, it turned out during a discussion about scientology, was a scientologist and there was a big blow up and he ended up leaving the forum.

Archived