Media Player stopped working

LiveMusic

• Members

the WMP sound output can "seperate" from the one listed in the CP. go to options and check there, make sure the right output is assigned. i have also had issue with QT completely taking over sound [including system sounds] and have to log off and back on to get them working [curse you apple!]

• Members

I don't understand this! This thing has been "broken" for weeks. All I did now was open up control panel to once again, poke around. I never saw anything that needed changing. I didn't do anything! And then I tried Media Player again so I could look for a Mute button and the darn thing played! Always before, it "played" but no sound came out. Now, it's normal. Beats heck out of me.

• Members

:D
- which version of player are you using?? I'm still on V10 as V11 seemed to have bugs.

John, I cannot see how I can tell which version? This is Windows Media Player, not Real Player or whatever that other Windows player used to be called. What am I thinking about? Maybe Winamp? Whatever, this is Windows Media Player. Seems like I have seen the version number before but I can't find it! I see no "about" button or whatever.

• Members

If you haven't installed any new software since it when south, I'd recommend going into System Tools, and doing a system restore to a date before it went bad.

Side note on system restore - If you are using Norton Anti-Virus, you have to go into the A/V options, misc., and uncheck "Turn Protection on for my Symantec Product" , recheck it after the restore. If you don't do this, the system restore will not work.

Archived