In Remembrance

Geoff Grace

• Members

I had a bad dream about this last night. Although obviously I think about it, I totally did not think that I was the type that was dwelling on this or anything. And I rarely remember my dreams, although I've had some bad dreams for the last two and a half years.

This dream had something to do with terrorist attacks on numerous U.S. cities. I just remember hearing snippets of this on the radio and being really upset that it was happening. I don't remember anything more.

So it's obviously in my subconscious far more than I thought it was.

I work at a school. We had a special flag commemoration with the students today.

• Members

It's hard to remember a time before 9/11, even though it's just six years ago. 9/11 has so colored the world, at least from the perspective of someone living in the U.S. I qualify this only because there's a good chance that someone who lives in, say, Irian Jaya may not be nearly as affected as most of us are by 9/11.

• Members

I read this today and think it's an outstanding way to memorialize what happened that day. I feel that the attacks on 9/11 not only destroyed so many lives, but also succeeded in polarizing our country the way it now is. The phrase "United we stand, divided we fall" comes to mind often. Hopefully in time people will remember that there comes a time to set aside our (often petty) differences and focus on more important things.

In 9/11 remembrance, a turning to good deeds

By Alexandra Marks

Mon Sep 10, 4:00 AM ET

On Sept. 11, Jacob Sundberg of San Antonio has pledged to make eye contact and smile at everyone he meets. Kaitlin Ulrich will bring goody baskets to the police and fire departments in and around Philadelphia. And 100 volunteers from New York

Archived