Neighborhoods Where Dog's Are Kings and Owners Are Slaves!

ViLo

• Members

IMHO....I think is Pathetic to see people, specially in rich neighborhoods, walking dogs and picking up poop with gloves and plastic bags[i understand one side of the deal, you supposed to be considerate of other peoples yards] But I just look at them and feel sorry, the Dogs is king!!! :poke::poke:

• Members

On my block, a lot of people walk their dogs and I always see them walking along with their little poop bags. This, to me, is the lowest activity in human life. Following a dog with a little pooper scooper. Waiting for him to go so you can walk down the street with it in your bag. If aliens are watching this through telescopes, they

• Members

Think of it what you will, but I consider it being a responsible pet owner. Would you rather your neighbors let their dogs dump on your lawn (or front stoop, or whatever?). I get no pleasure from picking up after my dogs, but on the other hand I can't stand it when other people don't pick up after theirs, because if my dogs step in it, I get stuck dealing with someone else's irresponsibility.

You could say the same thing about babies, who is in charge, the helpless baby, or the parent, who feeds, diapers, and carries around the helpless baby?

• Members

Think of it what you will, but I consider it being a responsible pet owner. Would you rather your neighbors let their dogs dump on your lawn (or front stoop, or whatever?). I get no pleasure from picking up after my dogs, but on the other hand I can't stand it when other people don't pick up after theirs, because if my dogs step in it, I get stuck dealing with someone else's irresponsibility.

You could say the same thing about babies, who is in charge, the helpless baby, or the parent, who feeds, diapers, and carries around the helpless baby?

I would say the same thing about babies!!! Who needs babies?

• Members

Not to mention, ViLo, it's the law, at least where I live. And what kind of jerk would leave dog{censored} around for other people to step in? It's common courtesy.

I mean, what would you rather have happen?

+1 Gig

It's not the law where I live, but I wish it were. There are some in my neighborhood that walk big dogs without picking up after them. Any guesses what big brown stinky things sometimes end up in my yard?

• Members

{censored}ing cats dont clean up after themselves... the litter box is pure hell to clean. i kicked my cats outside to keep from having to clean that {censored} so much. especially after my wife got pregnant [cant touch litter boxes for some disease] and it became "my job"... though one night i got so piss drunk and said {censored} it and pissed in their litter box [course i had to clean that up too, but it was worth it... and kept me from putting the cats in trashbags and tossing them in the river]

after these last two cats die, im NEVER getting another cat. i love my cats, but its too much commitment for me.

• Members

QUOTED By=Jeff da Weasel;Not to mention, ViLo, it's the law, at least where I live. And what kind of jerk would leave dog{censored} around for other people to step in? It's common courtesy.

I agree:thu:

But What kind of a sick person takes pleasure in picking up dog's poop?:rolleyes::D

QUOTED By=Jeff da Weasel;I mean, what would you rather have happen?

Keep the dogs inside!;)

Cats clean up after themselves at least.

Ever stepped in cat poop? It is far nastier than dog poop. It is like some sort of natural industrial / chemical waste - it sticks to everything and smells god-awful. :freak:

I currently have two large dogs and five outdoor cats. The dogs were intentional additions to the family, the cats were mostly strays and ferals who adopted me.

The outdoor cats are cool, but they've been known to go in the yard on occasion, and if you don't see it and happen to step in it, you'll regret it just as much as if you stepped in a pile from a large dog.

As far as my thoughts about dogs go, IMHO, they are one of God's greatest gifts to humankind. Check out this thread for my recent "goodbye" to my best friend Shannon.

• Members

I don't think it's so bad. I live a rural area, not secluded by any means. People have dogs but no one walks them. A lot of them run around freely and some poop in my yard. That doesn't bother too much as my house is on an acre of land. What's bad is that some people that shouldn't be pet owners have dogs and they keep them on a chain. This is horrible. The dogs are neglected, tortured in my opinion. So, being that they don't get walked, they have to poop right there in their little area, their prison. In the summer time when the wind is right you can smell the dog crap and it's horrible. It's very sad. So the people that walk their dogs, take care of them and pick up their poop are not so bad. It's the people that have dogs as a lawn ornament on a chain that should be criticized.

• Members

IWhat's bad is that some people that shouldn't be pet owners have dogs and they keep them on a chain. This is horrible. The dogs are neglected, tortured in my opinion.

Man, that's the truth! I've seen people do that. In my early 20's I rented a duplex down the road from some people who did that. They had two large dogs, each forever tied to two trees in their back yard on 15 foot chains. There was large circle of dirt around each tree where the grass wouldn't grow anymore. This was each dog's world. The dogs would jump and bark at me whenever I walked by. It was bad enough that they had one dog tied up out back, but two??? WTF??? Freakin hillbillies.

• Members

But I just look at them and feel sorry, the Dogs is king!!! :poke::poke:

And just how do you feel about a big, steaming pile right outside your door that someone doesn't pick up?

Poop-scooping (if you will) shows respect for one's neighbor when you live in the city or the burbs.

And walking your dog regularly and not forcing them to "hold their water/etc" -- which can be very unhealthy for an animal -- reflects a baseline level of care to the animals we have assumed responsibility for.

If someone is so worried about their "dignity" that they refuse to take responsibility for their animal or show a modicum of consideration for their neighbors -- I wonder if they've thought beyond that to realize they are probably among the most hated people in their neighborhood -- and quite possibly flirting with being legally cited -- or worse. In my old, urban neighborhood, people got very uptight about that sort of thing. And many of them had guns and were -- manifestly -- not afraid to use them.

It's kind of like flipping off some other driver... you just never know...

PS... dogs are complex, highly emotional animals with a lot of requirements for their proper care. They need discipline and affection and attention -- as well as basic health and other care. Anyone taking on the responsibility for another living creature for the first time should think long and hard about just what that means.

Every year in the US, millions of dogs and cats are killed because their "owners" couldn't be bothered to take basic responsibility for them.

• Moderators

But What kind of a sick person takes pleasure in picking up dog's poop?
:rolleyes::D

I think you're assuming a lot. Who said anything about taking pleasure in it. Nope, it sucks, or stinks, or whatever. It's nasty, but kind. To leave your dogs dung about the place is not cool babe.

Archived