OT: SO ipods ARE disposable crap!

mobobog

• Members

I formated my computer... installed itunes...restored my library... connected my ipod shuflle... itunes asked me if I wanted to sincronize my ipod shuffle with the library, wich is silly with just 1 GB of storage. Until this moment the shuffle's lights were flashing as it is supposed... i answer no... the ipod stoped flashing, itunes dont see the ipod any more... disconnected the shuffle, tried again... nothing...tried to play what was in the pod... it doesnt even turn on!! its BURNT!:mad:

The worst thing about it is that i want another :mad:

And what bothers me the most are the new ipod colors! :mad::D:freak::cry:

• Members

Don't give up on it yet. I have experienced a similar issue when changing libraries but, not syncing. I was getting error LED flashes. Try some of these steps:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

I'm still gleefully using my first gen shuffle. Very useable design for daily use in my opinion. I like the fact that it is an easy to use flash drive. In fact, if they integrated iPods with .Mac to sync with the folders of your choice from within iTunes, that would be excellent.

Imagine an 8GB iPod Shuffle similar to the first gen in that you can just plug it into a USB port. You could sync a bunch of your favorite music along with some test mixes and your Logic Pro 8 preferences or other important files for the road and your good to go.

I am sorry to hear about the issue with your iPod. Try working with it a bit longer before you give up on it :thu:

• Members

Don't give up on it yet. I have experienced a similar issue when changing libraries but, not syncing. I was getting error LED flashes. Try some of these steps:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

I'm still gleefully using my first gen shuffle. Very useable design for daily use in my opinion. I like the fact that it is an easy to use flash drive. In fact, if they integrated iPods with .Mac to sync with the folders of your choice from within iTunes, that would be excellent.

Imagine an 8GB iPod Shuffle similar to the first gen in that you can just plug it into a USB port. You could sync a bunch of your favorite music along with some test mixes and your Logic Pro 8 preferences or other important files for the road and your good to go.

I am sorry to hear about the issue with your iPod. Try working with it a bit longer before you give up on it
:thu:

Thanks a lot, ill try...

Yeah, i like the shuffle a lot, it sits right in my pocket without been bulky. And 8 GB would be great, with normal usb connection would be perfect.

How do you guys like the new colors apple used? they seem a little girly to me! :D

• Members

do you know how to do that in a shuffle?

I got a app from apple that is supposed to reset the shuffle but in case it doesnt work.

I'm assuming you've tried this?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300595

I don't have a Shuffle, but with mine the only problem I ever have is resetting it. It doesn't do it often, but still once and a great while I'll have to reset it.

• Members

I don't have ashuffle, but the first time I plugged my wife's nano in, I got the "do not unplug screen" and then nothing. Nada. Didn't connect.

I though I was screwed. It wouldn't update or interact with the computer or turn on, except to display the "do not unplug" when it was plugged to the USB port.

It ended up that I had to go in using the DOS command prompt (on my XP pc), format it like a flash disk drive, and use the updater to restore the software. after that, it has worked well. But flash memeory can get funny if it gets to a state where it shouldn't be unplugged but you have to becasue of some software error.

I dunno if any of that is helpful, but I thought I'd share.

• Members

I don't have ashuffle, but the first time I plugged my wife's nano in, I got the "do not unplug screen" and then nothing. Nada. Didn't connect.

I though I was screwed. It wouldn't update or interact with the computer or turn on, except to display the "do not unplug" when it was plugged to the USB port.

It ended up that I had to go in using the DOS command prompt (on my XP pc), format it like a flash disk drive, and use the updater to restore the software. after that, it has worked well. But flash memeory can get funny if it gets to a state where it shouldn't be unplugged but you have to becasue of some software error.

I dunno if any of that is helpful, but I thought I'd share.

And my got pretty funny...

I wasnt able to reset it... the next step in the apple site is to connect it to a "high power" usb port. I was connecting the dock in a powered usb 2 hub... but then i guess i should try connecting it in the computer itself... it woke up! :D i guess they are not crap...

iTunes wasnt seeing it anyway, i used the restore utility, and itunes saw it again, then it refuses to accept any info so i restore default setting from itunes again... and now it is working again.

:thu:

Archived