Need a Quote

Ernest Buckley

• Members

Several years ago I approached a local real estate company about composing a jingle for them. They loved it but their marketing dept. put everything on hold for about 18 months... They contacted me recently and said they want the 30 second jingle I originally composed and they also want me to produce a 4-minute "on hold" segment as well.

They are supplying the text but I need to hire voiceover talent too which I have never done so... (I could do it but they want me to sing on it so I would prefer a female voice to balance it out.)

We have not spoken about $$$ yet because when I originally approached them about writing a jingle, it was my first real attempt and honestly- I was just looking forward to getting my feet wet and didn`t think it would go anywhere.

What is the going rate for 4 minutes of on hold music + the 30 second jingle? And lets not forget the voiceover talent fee... most likely 3 hours.

Thanks,

EB

• Members

In my market, the going rate for jingle production is somewhere between $1500 and $20,000. Seriously, there is that wide a range.

There is an ad agency that does "national work" for a major US auto manufacturer and broadcast and cable networks, among others. For a local client, their music production work runs tens of thousands of $$ and it sounds like it.

Then there is are musicians who'll produce crap for peanuts. And it sounds like it.

Somewhere in the middle, there is decent commercial music getting done for $4000-6000. Typically, there are 2-3 singers and mostly MIDI tracks with some real instrument tracks (ex. guitars, sax & trumpet). This would include maybe 20 different mixes (:10, :15, :30, and :60 lengths; full sings, end sings, donuts, instrumentals, etc.). Full buyout, no residuals. I've worked on many projects like these.

Shoot me a PM and I'll try to be more helpful.

Archived