Faith Hill Giving Fans Lectures/Advise on Proper Public Behavior.

audioicon

• Members

Well, this happened a while ago but there is a debate going on about it and I finally concluded her attitude was stupid/trashy.

A female fan grabbed her husbands (Tim McGraw's) crotch area during a concert performance and she threw a fit on stage and gave the fans a lecture as if they were at Sunday school. The video has been removed from YOU-Tube.

What are your thoughts?

1. Should wives get pissed off when a female fan grabs a performing spouse?

2. Isn't McGraw a sex symbol or at least is portrayed and carried himself like a ladies man? I mean he is package in a way that attracts female fans, so why the fuss?

3. Will you get mad or find your wife/girlfriend behavior strange if you/she was performing and someone tried to touch her boob/your crotch?

I say increase security around crowd but for the touching that's the result of magazine and artist their publicist portraying them like freaking angels, like they don't have one damn flaw.

Usher is Married, but when you visit his website he is half naked. So will it be strange or should his wife get angry when a fan tries to jump him?

I say no, what do you say?

Your thoughts.

Audioicon/Patrick Judson

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are fans allowed on stage?

If you allow fans on stage, ok, you open the door to people doing god knows what. Grabbing at crotches/boobs/asses is not ok in any circumstance IMO.

If someone runs on stage un-invited and disrupts the show, they are already wrong, and touching anyone anywhere is making it worse.

• Members

I'd agree with Billster. If a fan were to touch Tim or jump up onstage to give him a hug, something like that, it would be acceptable. I firmly believe that if a fan grabbed my crotch at a gig my wife would take them outside for a beating. She doesn't share well with others. I think what Faith Hill did/said was completely acceptable.

• Members

Are fans allowed on stage?

If you allow fans on stage, ok, you open the door to people doing god knows what. Grabbing at crotches/boobs/asses is not ok in any circumstance IMO.

If someone runs on stage un-invited and disrupts the show, they are already wrong, and touching anyone anywhere is making it worse.

Come on Bill, you'll probably love it and then tell your wife/lover/girlfriend you hated it. :D

AI

• Members

No people are allowed to randomly grab me anywhere. I don't give a crap what gender they are. When random fans jump onstage, I have been known to kick them or hit them with my guitar. I don't care why they're onstage. I just make sure they get the hell off it ASAP.

If you don't mind being fondled, it must also be okay to have your significant other (wife, gf, bf, whatever) fondled by strangers as well. Not cool.

• Members

Well, this happened a while ago but there is a debate going on about it and I finally concluded her attitude was stupid/trashy.

A female fan grabbed her husbands (Tim McGraw's) crotch area during a concert performance and she threw a fit on stage and gave the fans a lecture as if they were at Sunday school. The video has been removed from YOU-Tube.

What are your thoughts?

1. Should wives get pissed off when a female fan grabs a performing spouse?

2. Isn't McGraw a sex symbol or at least is portrayed and carried himself like a ladies man? I mean he is package in a way that attracts female fans, so why the fuss?

3. Will you get mad or find your wife/girlfriend behavior strange if you/she was performing and someone tried to touch her boob/your crotch?

I say increase security around crowd but for the touching that's the result of magazine and artist their publicist portraying them like freaking angels, like they don't have one damn flaw.

Usher is Married, but when you visit his website he is half naked. So will it be strange or should his wife get angry when a fan tries to jump him?

I say no, what do you say?

Your thoughts.

Audioicon/Patrick Judson

Well why shouldn't she be angry? Wouldn't you be? Say you were in that situation. Say you were performing with your wife on stage, and some guy in the audience went up and grabbed her? Wouldn't you want to stage dive into the audience and give that guy a beating? Or would you just say--"Oh well, guess it comes with being famous". I doubt a guy would be as diplomatic about it as Faith was. Basically she just said "That's very disrespectful". Was she wrong? Or do the rules of etiquette not apply to famous people?

It's like when the paparazzi invade the lives of famous people, a lot of people's attitude is, "Well, if that bothers them, then they shouldn't have become famous". I never quite understood that attitude. No doubt, a lot of celebrities ask for it, but for most musicians, I'd say being famous is a side effect of being successful at what they do. And sometimes in order to keep doing what they love to do, they have to play by certain rules. Does choosing to play by these rules disqualify them from being shown respect?

• Moderators

Personally, I'm a fan of having my crotch area fondled. No wait...

But seriously, I don't begrudge her telling idiots that they're being idiots. She's taking a risk speaking her mind and I applaud her for it. McGraw isn't provoking women into being idiots.

How do you think that would go over at a Madonna concert?

• Members

What are your thoughts?

Well, you have put your finger on the quintessential hypocrisy that colors the American Bible Belt. Do but don't, yes but no, tolerant but intolerant, etc. Jello Biafra once said that the creepiest people in America are the Bible-thumpers who try to dress cool, appear to embrace cool music, act cool, act hip, seem tolerant--- when underneath it they are prim, intolerant, crochety Nazi thought-police. [He was referring, at the time, to Tipper Gore, but his description applies to a lot of folks one meets in the Bible Belt in general..... and in the Country-Western world in particular.] I know; I live here.

• Members

I'm not saying stand there and let people grope you. I'm saying if you portray your self like a sex symbol and the ladies man, then you are looking for that kind of an attraction, simple.

It's just pure hypocrisy.

AI

There's a difference between portraying yourself as a sex symbol and being assaulted. Are they letting fans on stage as some part of the act, or is this someone violating the rules and running onstage?

• Members

Bull{censored}, man. That's basically the same argument as saying somebody deserved to get raped because of the way they dressed - they were 'asking for it'... :rolleyes:

"Sex symbol" or not (and that's a pretty loose definition, btw - how far can you go & still be safe? Has he posed nude, for instance?) she was right. It's tacky & disrespectful to grab somebody's privates in public.

And somehow I don't believe that, if the shoe was on the other foot & that was your wife/girlfriend/daughter getting groped, you'd just blow it off.

• Members

If it happened to me, my wife would laugh it off. She really wouldn't care. If Now I asked the woman to meet me for a drink after the show, then we would have a problem. I feel the same about my wife. Nobody has ever grabbed at her, but she's been hit on when she's gone out with friends and I take it as a compliment.

As for Faith Hill, a lot of her reaction comes from the stress celebrities have to deal with from just in demand by everyone. Everyone wants a picture. Everyone wants to talk to you. Rabid fans literally want to consume you. I'd imagine it can get pretty draining after a while, which seems to me would be a reason why famous people start cracking under pressure. I'm sure this isn't the first time Tim McGraw has been grabbed.

If either of them decide they don't want to deal with fame and fortune anymore they can gladly pass it on to me. I'll milk it for the money for a while and then retire to somewhere quiet and comfortable and make poor selling but critically acclaimed albums and play for smaller but more inappreciative audiences.

• Members

I'm saying if you portray your self like a sex symbol and the ladies man, then you are looking for that kind of an attraction, simple.

This reminds me of the Simpsons when Homer was in a band and selling records and his manager said; "A lot of women are going to want to have sex with you, and we want them to think that they can."

• Members

I'm not saying stand there and let people grope you. I'm saying if you portray your self like a sex symbol and the ladies man, then you are looking for that kind of an attraction, simple.

AI

I'm sorry, that's utter nonsense. It's not any kind of hypocrisy, pure or impure. It's about the difference between what's inside your head and what's outside of it. Fantasy and action. Anything fans want to think in the privacy of their own heads is entirely their own business. When they want to grab somebody else's body without permission, it ceases to be entirely their own business and becomes the other party's business as well. Quite simply, you [i mean the generic "you" here, not you personally] are not entitled to grab somebody just because you feel hot for them, no matter how "provocative" you think they've been. Unless you've clearly been invited, and that seems not to have been the case. And no, dressing or posing sexily does not constitute an invitation, any more than my boss's hiring a caterer within earshot of my desk means I'm invited to a wedding. I wouldn't have thought that even needed explaining.

If the fan can't tell the difference between the "attraction" happening within her skull and the boundaries an adult is expected to observe with another adult, then the problem and the fault are hers.

Just to clarify, there's not a damn thing wrong with a good grope, public or private, small group or large, if everybody's into it. But in that setting, no fan is entitled to presume consent or ignore the need for it, which is what that fan did.

• Members

http://music.aol.com/popeater/2007/09/05/faith-hill-opens-up-about-the-infamous-crotch-grab/

Faith Hill is defending the heated lecture she gave a fan who grabbed hubby Tim McGraw's crotch during a live concert in July. And she wasn't the only one furious about the incident.

"He was livid," the country star says of her hubby and tour-mate on Wednesday's episode of 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show.' "I mean, he was red and fuming."

Hill says her first instinct was to leave the incident be. But then, she says, the woman "gave me this look like there's nothing you can do."

So, the 'Mississippi Girl' in Hill just couldn't keep quiet. "What I really wanted to do is kick her you-know-what ... I mean, how disrespectful! And plus, it's like sexual harassment. I mean, if a man was to do that to a woman?"

Hill talks more about the much-publicized confrontation on 'Ellen,' where she also debuts her brand-new song, 'Red Umbrella.'

Perhaps a publicity stunt to promote her brand-new song????

Don't know anything about Tim McGraw other than the fact he's married to Faith Hill. I am familiar with only one of her tunes that I like well, "Breathe"

She sounds like the jealous type, but hey... I'd probably have a bit of a problem with another woman grabbing my man's love muscle too.:eek::p:mad:

• Members

AI

That sounds like a date rape defence argument. :rolleyes:

• Members

I'm saying if you portray your self like a sex symbol and the ladies man

I "really" don't see the sex symbol you speak of in Tim McGraw...

Maybe it's just a matter of choice, but his appearance has never triggered enough interest in me to even give his tunes a listen. If I have heard any of his music, I've never been inspired enough by it to seek out the artists' name. I'm at a loss.....

To me, Tim McGraw is a pretty boy with chest hair, but he doesn't excite me at all. I would lump him in with the Billy Ray Cyrus type...

• Members

I think it's hilarious that a purported professional like Faith Hill works been working in the "big league" for awhile so completely lost it that she scolded fans from stage. If there's anybody that needs to yelled it - it's the security detail. There's no way in hell that anybody should have been able to get within arms length of a performer on stage (unless security is instructed to "let one or two" get by so that there's a little staged spontinaity).

Surely Faith has been around the block enought times to realize that anybody willing to jump up on stage and push past security at a concert isn't going to be slowed down in the least by a wedding ring and/or his bitching wife. :freak:

Archived